South Notts Show 2021 - Now on September 4th and 5th.

NOW CONFIRMED AS SEPTEMBER 4TH and 5TH

1656438870_flier2021A5versionfront.jpg.efeb5417916fc941152c97ccb53a832b.jpg

We are HOPING to go ahead with South Notts show in 2021, albeit in a socially distanced format and reduced in size.  There WILL be a few traders, but to limit the number of people running things and to create space for wider gangways etc we've had to cut the number of layouts to 12, with more of an emphasis on layouts from Bingham Club.

This all depends on being allowed 100 in a single gathering by the time we are due to go ahead.  in the mean time having caught a £600 cold with the 2020 cancellation we'll not be spending money until the last possible moment....

I'll be contacting layout owners who were due to come last year plus the five already pencilled in for 2021 to try to rebook for 2021, 2022 and 2023....

Les

Edited by Les1952
changed the date

The reason for attempting to go ahead is that there is a viable one-way system (a series of one-way loops) that cover all parts of the Welfare including the balcony and stage, and a separate exit.

Les

• Like 1

Ironically a discussion with an exhibitor at the last show I attended before lockdown concerned what might be the next show to take place, he was suggesting it would be Cotgrave but I don’t think he had 2021 in mind!

i wish you every success with this and look forward to it.

• Thanks 1

We've moved the date.

I had a long discussion with Holly, the manager of Cotgrave Welfare when we signed the lease on Bingham MRC's new clubroom and we've decided to move the show back into a safer time period.  Mid May is generally a quiet time in the East Midlands and the Welfare had a weekend available, so as the club and the welfare could both do with the income getting a date where things are more likely to happen is more important than sticking to our usual week.

the new dates are

15th and 16th May, 2021.  

Still socially distanced with a one-way system for the venue and bigger gangways but it should be achievable.

Next job is to get traders and a few layouts on board.  I'll post details as I have them confirmed.

Les

Edited by Les1952
  • 1 month later...

LAYOUTS CONFIRMED 

Bregenbach

Horse Cove

Resby Junction

Cumanavago

Newton Folly

with seven more out there (6 known and one to find)

There will be a few layouts that are new to the circuit- never seen before.

Of course this still depends on us being allowed 100 in the venue at one time- watch this space!

Les

(in the meantime I'm spending no money.....)

• 2 weeks later...

We now have a backup date booked in September, just in case Boris doesn't allow Cotgrave Welfare to open early enough for the May date...

However, it is still May.  I'm still not spending money...

More layouts

Soarston

Hazelby Ballast Loader

Silverwood Colliery.

that makes five layouts so far not seen  before.....

Les

• Like 1

Good to see this is still a possibility and fingers crossed enough progress is made in the wider world to allow it to go ahead.

There’s clearly a desire to go ahead and it deserves to succeed, It could well be the first show of the pandemic/ post pandemic era and I’m looking forward to it.

• Agree 1

Cotgrave Welfare are keen for us to have a show this year.  They need the income more if anything than we do.  And as our new clubroom landlords it always helps to keep them happy.

Traders confirmed-

Sherwood Models

Book Law Publications

These two for the May or the September date

Malc's Models (Ilkeston) , May date but not September he thinks.

Three more to approach then try out the floor plan.  Still not spending money yet.

Les

As an appetite wetter- 

20201225_135624.jpg.29b7b1cafe3c4186e21b79bf6f1b150b.jpg

Bregenbach

wp119ae29d_05_06.jpg.72c4bc4d9a541c420d736b9264ab85c9.jpg

Cumanavago

Edited by Les1952
dropped capitals..
  • Like 2

Update

Silverwood Colliery has withdrawn due to non-Covid related illness.

Add in A2B Models of Matlock Bath (both possible dates).

Still waiting for Boris to give a coherent outline of what is happening.....  

Les

• Friendly/supportive 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Les1952 changed the title to South Notts Show 2021 - Now on September 4th and 5th.