Peco N-Gauge Set Track clips

I am going to use some Peco set track (2nd radius curved versions of the picture ) in some hidden areas or my H0e layout and wondered if there is a way of holding the bits of track together as all the set track has these square holes at the ends and I think there could be a clip that goes over the joint between 2 bits of track to hold them firmly together?

spacer.png

I have looked on the Peco website and think I am looking for the wrong thing or in the wrong place as I can't see any :( 

Any suggestions, the track will be glued but the clips would be useful for holding the curve pending the glue drying?

• RMweb Premium

I would have thought the rail joiners should hold

the track together, or am I missing something.

AFAIK the square holes are the result of the

sleeper mouldings being beefed up to

support the rail ends and joiners.

The rail joiners are very loose fitting and the ends don't align nice and tightly giving a smooth curve. I clip over the two sets of sleeper bases would hold them very firmly together. I recall seeing something like this before on another track system hence believing that this might be the case here.

Interestingly the ends of the sleepers, where the square is, are hanging free and don't support the track therefore the strengthening has to be for another reason and my suggestion would seem to be the logical conclusion :)

There are no clips as such.  In N Gauge each section has a hole in the centre of the sleepers at each end (not 100% sure about 00), designed to take Peco track pins. This works on Sundeala baseboard surfaces, not so good on plywood.  If you are doubtful about Peco Setrack, why not look at Kato Unitrack?    This comes in 00 as well as N Gauge sizes and I find it much easier to work with.  Gaugemaster's website will give you further info.

Richard

The N Gauge set track matches the Peco 009/H0e track perfectly and using the preformed curves is an easy way of ensuring that the track is as perfectly curved as possibly and therefore reliable in the hidden sections of the layout.

Pity they don't have the clips, sure looks like that is what the ends of the track is designed to be used with.

Hey ho, I will just have to solder them together :)