Heljan turntable modification

gooderz

Hi all

I've got a Heljan turntable and naturally, it has a dead spot which then cuts the sound out on the loco momentarily.

Has anyone worked out a way to modify it to add a capacitor or two to the turntable in order to supply enough power to the table rails to keep the sound switched on?

Cheers

Jamie

Instinct tells me what you suggest would result in a short when power is reapplied to the turntable - though I am not an electrician.  Wouldn't a stay alive in each loco maintain the sound over the dead spot?  It would then be bemeficial elsewhere on the layout.

Harold.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, gooderz said:

Hi all

I've got a Heljan turntable and naturally, it has a dead spot which then cuts the sound out on the loco momentarily.

Has anyone worked out a way to modify it to add a capacitor or two to the turntable in order to supply enough power to the table rails to keep the sound switched on?

Cheers

Jamie

DCC is an alternating waveform so you can't stick capacitors across it as a means of storage.

HLT's suggestion is probably the best, the alternative is a turntable that is DCC friendly