Layouts4U

ColinK

• RMweb Premium

I'm detailing my coaches and decided to add lights inside.  My preference is for these to use DCC track power and I ordered a kit from Layouts4U to try fitting in one coach as a trial.  Our post is understandably a bit erratic at the moment and I made faster than expected progress in detailing and painting my rake of four Bachmann Mk2.  As a result I had all the coaches ready for adding lighting before my trial kit arrived.  Hence I ordered further lighting kits from Layouts4U before I had fitted the trial unit so I didn't get held up. 

That evening I sat down to fit the trial lighting kit but clearly it would not fit in my Bachmann Mk2s as there was insufficient space to instal the pickups plus the wires from them cannot be fitted as they would foul the coupling mechanism. The only solution would be to fit battery powered lights. As I had earlier ordered DCC lights, I emailed Layouts4U at 8-15pm asking if the order could be changed to battery lights.  Much to my surprise I got a reply from then just 15 minutes later - we've found your order in the mailbox and we can change it no problem.  Great service, but even better as they said they could supply slightly longer LED strips as these would fit better.  The revised order arrived a couple of days later.

Excellent service from Layouts4U - I've no connection with them except as a happy customer. 

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

Layouts4U were often to be found at model railway exhibitions around the East of England.  Run by a very helpful couple, and I think the gentleman has his own layout and is a member of the March, Cambridgeshire MRC.  I often brought stuff from them - prices were always reasonable, and tips and advice freely given.

During the last year I have been rebuilding my layout and have ordered from Layouts4U to purchase wire, switches screws etc. online from their website.  Very efficient service, goods always beautifully packed, and sent promptly by recorded delivery for a very reasonable postage charge.

No connection with the firm, just a satisfied customer for a good few years.

Hopefully exhibitions will return soon - I have missed browsing their stand and chatting!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Just wanted to mention the fantastic service I had from Layouts4U. Had an issue with an item I bought at the Doncaster show. Emailed them yesterday and it was sorted by 7.30 this morning!  Not sure I'd have been up that early if I'd have been at a show all weekend!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just stopping by to add to the positive comments from my purchase a couple of weeks ago. Wanted to try out some lighting on my layout and browsed a few places. Between choice, stock availability and price chose layouts4u and ordered a selection of lights, dimmer, switches, copper tape etc. Ordered at 10:30 on the Sunday, dispatched 12:13 on the Sunday, delivered safely packed at 11:28 on the Tuesday, very impressed given recent grumblings about Royal Mail so credit where due to them as well. The item listings are helpful in guiding what to do re. resistors, which to a complete novice like me was one of the things putting me off exploring this area of building a layout.

• Like 1