Lancaster Lane & Dewar’s Street

LDM34046

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, LDM34046 said:

That and reading your 400 odd pages was a great pastime during lockdown!

Luke

Cheers, Luke and hats off you! 

A braver man than I.....!

Rob. 

• Funny 3

2 minutes ago, LDM34046 said:

Busy morning at Lancaster Lane. Forgot this photo from a few days ago!

4E74FD81-A992-4483-BCC5-496F45D61E24.jpeg.4fea5dca6b333c6277aaa357211c38d8.jpeg

I really like this shot, it's the sort of view that you might have had for a second or two travelling a road that passed over the railway. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

I really like this shot, it's the sort of view that you might have had for a second or two travelling a road that passed over the railway. 

Agreed! Lancaster Lane is rural so my thoughts are just off scene at the top of the embankment is a small dirt track. Similar to those I’ve used to get tricky shots on the Spa Valley Railway. 

• Like 2

Looking from the perspective of an outward bound train, would the upcoming brand line speed limit be displayed on the left or right hand side of the track?

Edited by LDM34046
  • Like 1

Next job is to add these speed limit signs to the layout. I've had these Lasercut ones from the previous layout 7 years ago and thought they'd look perfect. The plan is a 25mph limit on the exit of the layout for the run down the branch line and a 10mph on the entrance of the main siding signalling no more than 10mph in the yard. Looking at stock images this was the best I could come up with these being used in the real world. Next job is to get them painted and fixed.

Edited by LDM34046
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Alister_G said:

That's worthy of the "How Realistic" thread, that is. Some lovely modelling.

Al.

I didn't know there was such a thread!

Thank you Alister, I'm humbled by your words. I'm hardly a pro, just taking my time and learning as I go!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, LDM34046 said:

A few of the local yard crew stop for a brief chat before the local merchant cycles home. Something about a football match? 

IMG_3753.jpg.33bb824fabd704182b1f334684664de6.jpg

Cracking little cameo. I must say, the weathering on that there Peckett looks familiar......Nice job by the looks of things and right up this sheep's street. 

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Cracking little cameo. I must say, the weathering on that there Peckett looks familiar......Nice job by the looks of things and right up this sheep's street. 

Rob. 

Thank you Rob! The weathering on the Peckett was actually done by The Model Centre (TMC) prior to purchasing so I can't claim credit to that. You must have a fan on their modelling bench!

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, LDM34046 said:

Thank you Rob! The weathering on the Peckett was actually done by The Model Centre (TMC) prior to purchasing so I can't claim credit to that. You must have a fan on their modelling bench!

I would be terribly flattered if that proved to be the case.........perchance a comparison? 

IMG_3432.jpg.016b4dc4ac5254bccc769779f8c7eefd-01.jpeg.9ffca3dd0d03b9efe1ce1b70a6861cee.jpeg

20210524_203313-01.jpeg.b14121f4c3eff7afc1e12a09bcafe513.jpeg

You can't beat a bit of Peckettry.

Rob. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

I would be terribly flattered if that proved to be the case.........perchance a comparison? 

What's the saying? "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

The rust spots on the rear of the cab look very similar! As does some of the shading around the rivets on the boiler. I must say your's looks excellent, especially in the sunlight. Your weathering is spot on, I've only just braved doing the rolling stock myself.

30 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

You can't beat a bit of Peckettry.

You really can't! They're excellent model's and such smooth runners. I've just placed an order for the B2 Peckett. I fear an addiction brewing....

Edited by LDM34046

Seriously though, the scene looks great and I keep spotting more when I look at it again. I like the odd corners of layouts where as much thought has gone into the picture as the "important" bits, it's what sets apart those two or three models that you spend the most time studying at exhibitions.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

Seriously though, the scene looks great and I keep spotting more when I look at it again. I like the odd corners of layouts where as much thought has gone into the picture as the "important" bits, it's what sets apart those two or three models that you spend the most time studying at exhibitions.

Thank you MrWolf, really means a lot! Being a small layout it's hard to get the balance right with cramming too much into a small space and it looking too sparse. The hut and yard entrance definitely draws it's own attention away from the trains. Having a variety of people and vehicles means I can change the cameo scenes often.

17 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Being able to change parts of the layout is something that I hadn't really considered. Often it's a case of what to leave out.

I have a selection of different visitors and loco crews sitting in the fiddle yard that I can interchange. It’s probably not very practical for exhibitions in the future but for photography for RMweb and Instagram it’s proving quite popular!

• Like 2

A few more shots from today! Some light shunting with the Peckett and 1F.

IMG_3767-Edit.jpg.fb739a49eb18e479402cbb8654eb72ef.jpg

IMG_3913-Edit.jpg.fcdbf51bead6cc47773e7ff21df4824d.jpg

IMG_3779-Edit.jpg.1abbe718226408ef147bfe6bb702eda4.jpg

IMG_3765.jpg.b08de2977abc20cbc5c7e0f1d97a4e1a.jpg

A first attempt at digital staking a photo in order to have multiple focus points. Interestingly, not sure if I’m a fan. Looks a bit unnatural. Quite like the depth of field. 

IMG_3785-Edit.jpg.063417603307251bef6441933753dc0a.jpg

Edited by LDM34046
  • Like 6

The W4 Peckett on shunting duties this morning. The stock looks so much better having been weathered! Not sure why I didn’t do it sooner. Just my luck that this months MR Magazine features an article on weathering! A bit late but hopefully I can learn a few new skills!

IMG_3915-Edit.jpg.f2bdf1198ed9f8cbc2fb26f9d2a10771.jpg

IMG_3766-Edit.jpg.dc747b4a9265044b46e8b158021140d8.jpg

IMG_3759-Edit.jpg.a5f05a988b3a67092b2bd89944c68b95.jpg

Edited by LDM34046
  • Like 3