Kato K10-1145 "Glacier Express" pack

TravisM

• RMweb Gold

Hi gang, a friend of mine recently bought me a lovely Kato K10-1145 "Glacier Express" set with a electric loco and two coaches for helping him out at a time of crisis.  As it's N gauge and the RhB is metre gauge, surely normal N gauge track would be too wide?  I've noticed it's set to a scale of 1:150 which seems a bit odd?  If anyone can clarify this, I'd be most grateful.

• RMweb Gold
Just now, jools1959 said:

Hi gang, a friend of mine recently bought me a lovely Kato K10-1145 "Glacier Express" set with a electric loco and two coaches for helping him out at a time of crisis.  As it's N gauge and the RhB is metre gauge, surely normal N gauge track would be too wide?  I've noticed it's set to a scale of 1:150 which seems a bit odd?  If anyone can clarify this, I'd be most grateful.

I think I've just answered my own question as there's a thread called "Veja Megstra" which has the same set and after a quick scan, answers all my questions

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi @jools1959,

Yes, glad you’ve found the answers you were looking for. It’s a lovely model. 

My advice would: ‘be careful...’ - there are a growing range of RhB models in the Kato range (and others) and it’s easy to catch the Swiss Railways bug!

If you need any other questions answered feel free to post them here or DM me. 

Enjoy!

Ian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1