Clear Resin?

Anyone know of a source. As in "water clear" not coloured or translucent.

I though I had found some at RS but reading the spec closer it's for laser 3D printers.

I found a few references to veroclear and acura60 but mostly from people like shapeways rather than resin suppliers.

I want to try printing light pipes for LEDs.

Edited by Crosland
spelling

This may not actually be of any help but will show what something printed with Elegoo translucent resin looks like.

It is a little rough because it was one of the first things I printed, before I got used to working with the printer. I am not sure how much polishing it would improve the appearance.

The intention is to light it from below, but it is for a future version of the layout which I have not built yet so I have not actually tried mounting a LED beneath it yet.

SH_Station_Lamp.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Would the Anycubic clear work for you? I've just got a bottle of it and it's crystal clear. Apparently to stop it yellowing/clouding, you avoid cleaning it in IPA, but clean it in detergent instead.

https://www.anycubic.com/collections/uv-resin/products/colored-uv-resin-for-photon-series?variant=34622234362018 - also, it's on sale this weekend. :) 

Poor photo that was taken for a different reason, but hopefully you can see what it looks like.

crystal.jpeg.d0904ffbf4f77756b19a1e305b389f50.jpeg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

It’s pretty difficult to stop the Anycubic yellowing or clouding. Consensus is cure quickly in water and then gloss coat. I’ve never seen anything that’s properly glass clear though, always moderately translucent. 

Edited by njee20
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Here are my efforts with it, I was trying to get slightly translucent, so wasn't aiming for glass clear. Apologies for dodgy orientation.

Straight out of the printer:

1147-280920221608.jpeg

Post cure:

1147-300920214647.jpeg

Just the side screens:

1147-300920214856.jpeg

• Like 4