Tunstead Moor Sidings - A scenic shunting layout

Chipped and fitted.. of course there is as yet no class 47 sound available for the hm7000 system so testing it with the 31. Slow running is superb (much slower than I demonstrated in this video -  but holding one phone to film and one to video became a bit of a pain)  though still Lima noisy. Then again I have been away for a month so no doubt that's long enough for a Lima motor to have another service 🤔😁

• Like 7

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally located the class 47 sound test in the Lima using HM7000 8 pin and a rather "long" acceleration curve so that you can pretty much notch the engine up a step or two without the ringfield actually running away at 30mph from 5mph.

Only issue now though this seems to have effected some of the auto functions like brake squeal.

• Like 5

On 02/04/2024 at 22:09, Ighten said:

Only issue now though this seems to have effected some of the auto functions like brake squeal.

There is an auto-calibrate function available for use with different makes/motors to the current Hornby profiles - I don't know whether that would help?

It sort of works for what it's meant to do, but it's not very good at realistic notch control, inertia and speed matching. 

You need to delve into the curves to get those working. TBF it's not Hornbys fault, it just would have been nice to be able to use the auto functions, though I wish they would fix that auto horn before a movement to have a longer delay before the movement. 

Well you can squeeze an Hm7000 into the  EFE Hymek with no issues others than the usual elephant in the room. Lack of a class 35 profile.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...