Mark 2 Sleeper Lounge Car - Interior

PWB

I wonder if anyone can help? I am trying to ascertain the interior colour scheme for the Mark 2E sleeper lounge cars (AG1E) as used on the "Night Riviera" service in the early 1990's (Intercity 'Swallow' livery). Presumably they would either have had the previous standard gold/yellow first class seating or, having been refurbished, the pink/grey seat coverings (as found in HST's at that time). I suspect that the latter may have been the case, but although I travelled on them a number of times, my memory has let me down on this point!  Many thanks. 

None of the five Mk2e FO which were converted to FO(T) in 1992 are listed as either facelifted or refurbished in the 1991 P5 Combined edition.

I travelled in one much later on the sleeper from Helensburgh to FW and it was little changed apart from the counter. 

• Thanks 1

Mk 3 from 7/83 not 2e. Interior was not modified as a " lounge"  until the current refurbishment from 2 years back. Seating and counter was as a normal buffet.  Some interior shots on Flickr in this form but date from Dynamic Lines period. Classified as RFMB , restaurant first modular buffet. 

Edited by Co-tr-Paul
Add text
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

40 minutes ago, Co-tr-Paul said:

Mk 3 from 7/83 not 2e. Interior was not modified as a " lounge"  until the current refurbishment from 2 years back. Seating and counter was as a normal buffet.  Some interior shots on Flickr in this form but date from Dynamic Lines period. Classified as RFMB , restaurant first modular buffet. 

The Mk3 day coaches didn’t appear on the Night Riviera until the mid 00’s, when Virgin West Coast retired all their Mk3s. Before that the brake vehicle, seated car and lounge were all Mk2s. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Circa 1992/93 the sleeper lounge cars on the 'Night Riviera' were definitely the Mark 2E FO(T)'s (I noted the coach numbers). One seating bay had been removed and replaced by a small galley from which the steward served drinks and snacks (there was no bar/counter at this time). Many thanks for your help guys.