0 gauge model of (one of) the most beautiful German steam locomotive(s)

sncf231e

1 hour ago, Allegheny1600 said:

An impressive model to be sure.

Very tactful. ;)

When I saw the thread title I must admit that I thought the words "beautiful", "steam" and "German" do not normally go in the same sentence. :scratchhead:

I am still of that opinion.  Teutonic, yes, distinctive, certainly. Beautiful???? :no:  :mosking:

• Like 1

I like it. It is called "The Beauty from Wurtemberg" and modelled a.o. by Märklin and Roco:

P1010016.JPG.d8171ca3c4d8c20c51b6be7442cef25b.JPGP1000850.JPG.8c0828c7c3f747ade1a24a09509a627e.JPG

For many more pictures of other beautiful continental European Pacific locomotives see my (free to download or read)  e-book on that subject: http://sncf231e.nl/pacificseu/

Which does not mean I do not like the A3 or A4: http://sncf231e.nl/lner-pacifics-and-nyc-hudsons/

I have a very broad (and well bred) taste ;)

Regards

Fred

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

23 hours ago, sncf231e said:

I have a very broad (and well bred) taste ;)

Hi Fred,

Bravo, me too!

I simply love most railways and the trains that run on them, I understand that I have “catholic” tastes, or so I was told a long time ago. 
Like with music and women, I like all kinds as variety is the spice of life.

In order to not be too controversial, back to railways - I can see the beauty in everything from a Midland railway Spinner to a Gresley Pacific and from them to a New Haven streamlined 4-6-4 or an EMD E unit, alternatively to a Golsdorf 2-8-4 to a CSD 4-8-2 to a Chapelon 4-8-0 or a Bavarian 4-4-4!

They’re all beautiful.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2