Can someone identify this shunting puzzle layout?

Hello - I've signed up to try and solve a mystery that's been bugging me! Last year I was looking into building a small shunting puzzle layout after many years out the hobby and found a nice little plan online for a puzzle that was a bit more complex than the usual Inglenook/Timesaver varients. I spent a few minutes drawing it up in SCARM to amuse myself, and I think in the process I mirrored the whole layout as it looked better to me. I then saved it, and thought no more about it until today; I've been trying to find the same website and plan again to refer to, but after several fruitless hours googling every combination I can think of "shunting layout" "shunting puzzle" etc I just cannot find it. Does anyone recognize this layout or have any idea what it might be called, or who created it? About the only thing I can remember is that I'm pretty sure it was a US layout, and it was on a website with a few similar plans.... 31781554_Screenshot2021-09-04225048.png.f2108ca699ad889af123660adb58fe40.png

• RMweb Gold

One thing to look into if transposing US plans to UK practice is I think their rule of the road is the opposite way round to UK. Probably makes no difference to most shunting puzzles but a factor to check on.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, jevans3142 said:

Ah! Thank you so much Dagworth. I was starting to think I had imagined the whole thing...

Glad to be able to help. Knowing Carl Arendt's name gave a good place to start searching and Google image search did the rest.

Andi

• Agree 1