sidmouth

• 5 months later...

This pic is particularly interesting. The foundations for the new traverser at the end of the new station platform, to allow locos to be round round. There was insufficient room for a normal turnback, if the platform lengths had to stay as required. I believe (but stand to be corrected!) that this will become the only traverser in current use, not only on narrow gauge lines but on any railway line in the UK, outside of a workshop.

1902802319_Corristraverserfoundations2022.jpg.d839beed06b9d7349a9adf3f5a83234c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/02/2022 at 14:47, Mike Storey said:

This pic is particularly interesting. The foundations for the new traverser at the end of the new station platform, to allow locos to be round round. There was insufficient room for a normal turnback, if the platform lengths had to stay as required. I believe (but stand to be corrected!) that this will become the only traverser in current use, not only on narrow gauge lines but on any railway line in the UK, outside of a workshop.

There's one in one of the container terminals at Felixstowe.  

• Informative/Useful 2

On 06/03/2022 at 22:26, Edwin_m said:

There's one in one of the container terminals at Felixstowe.  

I duly stand corrected!! That one is indeed a beast, serving eight tracks in the North Rail Terminal since 2013!

The Corris version is not quite as sophisticated.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

There was a bit of footage of Corris on the BBC the other day, with some good close ups of Number 7.

"Slow down Maureen!"  :laugh:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m00111zt/gareth-edwardss-great-welsh-adventure-series-2-episode-1

Says available for seven months, but you may have to log in.

Jason

Thanks, but I can't access iPlayer here, since Brexit.....

Hope it was good!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...