Hornby July 2010 newsletter

Neal Ball

• RMweb Premium

Maybe it's just a case that we are spolit with so many models these days... BUT!

Hi Guys,

I am surprised to see no mention made of Tintagel Castle and the 28xx, both are due in July on a container supposedly to be landing on the 19th. (Together with Swindon).

I would have thought the container would have left China already(?)

Maybe I am being impatient!!

Regards,

Neal.

Tintagel castle is due in to Hornby on 05/07, so we should be seeing them imminently

The 28xxs are due into Hornby as follows:

R2915 NRM GWR 28XX (2818) due 02/08/10

R2916 GWR CLASS 28XX (2812) due 09/08/10

R2917 BR CLASS 28XX (2810) due 16/08/10

This info is from the Hornby trade site (No you can't have access ;) )

• RMweb Gold

Tintagel castle is due in to Hornby on 05/07, so we should be seeing them imminently

Now I just need to make my mind up as to which version I want! GWR or BRWR!? blink.gif biggrin.gif

This info is from the Hornby trade site (No you can't have access wink.gif )

Worth a try thought!wink.gif

(Thanks for the info)

Regards,

Nick

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Gareth,

Hurrah at last the wait is over!!!! - Strange though that Tintagel was not included in the newsletter?

I take it the information on the trade site is always accurate, in which case will the DCC fitted versions be available at the same time?

Many thanks,

• RMweb Premium

Have they arrived yet?

both are due in July on a container supposedly to be landing on the 19th. (Together with Swindon).

Swindon is due in on a container on the 19th? Must be a hell of a boat!

BOT, I'm still not impressed by this months releases, like the 2 previous. And still no 12 wheeler NEPTUNE!!!

1st Quater? Now 3rd? COME ON PLEASE Hornby!

it would be wise to remember the problems in China at the present time bebore sounding off about late arrivals etc. Talking to a Hornby rep last week he said the problems might get worse before they get better and that it does not apply to Hornby. Patience is a virtue or at least it used to be.

• RMweb Premium

Swindon is due in on a container on the 19th? Must be a hell of a boat!

BOT, I'm still not impressed by this months releases, like the 2 previous. And still no 12 wheeler NEPTUNE!!!

1st Quater? Now 3rd? COME ON PLEASE Hornby!

Sadly neither am I - I belive that the wait will be worth it. - I thought Tintagel was due Sept / Oct last year. - 6 months (plus) late, is a bit much.

• RMweb Gold

Sadly neither am I - I belive that the wait will be worth it. - I thought Tintagel was due Sept / Oct last year. - 6 months (plus) late, is a bit much.

According to Simon Kohler on todays MRE mag page it will be with them this week and in the shops next ! :)

According to Simon Kohler on todays MRE mag page it will be with them this week and in the shops next ! :)

But that was written on 2nd July, so it "SHOULD" have been with them last week, and in the shops this week!

And it is curious that despite this welcome news, Hornby was not so confident of this arrival that Tintagel Castle did not appear in the July new releases communique.

I understand the frustration everyone has with late arrivals but having spent the last few years getting containers in from Egypt I know how things can go pear shaped quite quickly

Case 1 Boat arrives late at Port Said - Captain decides to save time and cuts short loading leaving my container on the docks - solved by shipping to Italy and trucking all the way to Uk

Case 2 Bad weather means vessel diverts and then container is planed to be transhipped to a feeder vessel - again we took the container off and shipped by truck to UK

But in my case the deliveries were to the automotive industry and time was more valuable than the cost of the truck - in retail I guess the cost rules and there isnt the pressure so much to have on time arrival.

Also in my case I was only coming from Egypt so had alternative solutions.

And then of course there are the delays at the port which sometimes can go on for days.

Colin

ps anyone want a logistics or supply chain manager in wiltshire then I am looking for a jobsad.gif

• RMweb Premium

And it is curious that despite this welcome news, Hornby was not so confident of this arrival that Tintagel Castle did not appear in the July new releases communique.

In fairness to Hornby their email to me on 14th June, did say it would be out "in July" - we have a few more weeks yet!

it would be wise to remember the problems in China at the present time bebore sounding off about late arrivals etc. Talking to a Hornby rep last week he said the problems might get worse before they get better and that it does not apply to Hornby. Patience is a virtue or at least it used to be.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the 'Pretendolino' will still be the third quarter.

I take it the information on the trade site is always accurate, in which case will the DCC fitted versions be available at the same time?

Unfortunately it is only a guide. The second batch of coaling towers that arrived last week are still showing as due into Hornby at the end of July so while it's a useful indicator it cannot be taken as 100% accurate.

Dave

Archived