A Seven-Day Exhibition

Geoff Endacott

I have just come across this: http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/events/3363-Kim_Events_Model_Railway_Exhibition .

That seems a bit ambitious. I'm not sure I would fancy exhibiting a layout for seven consecutive days.

The listing says ten layouts and eight trade stands, but the organiser's web site doesn't reveal much else.

Is anyone going or does anyone know what will be there?

Geoff Endacott

I did a few of the MRC's IMREX shows that went on for 4-5 days and by the end it felt just like going to work...

7 whole days would be somewhat of a trial, even with the best of operating layouts.

steve

Did anyone reading this take a layout to Winchcombe for the G-WR's GWR 175 Gala...? That must have been 9 days of continous operation.

I wouldn't expect any credible show to last more than 3 days, after then most layouts would need some serious maintenance and their operators would be seriously fatigued....!!

So reading between the lines from the UK model Shops Entry and their own website...

Father and son can spend time in the model railway exhibition. Mother and daughter can get excited in the fashion and crafts exhibition.

So its not just model railways its wider hobbies/crafts show??

Ten All New Layouts. Built from Over 40 Years Experience... Massive Collection of Private Collector Gone Big.

So it's ten unknown layouts from the same builder?? How long would it take the average modeller to turn out 10 decent quality layouts?? Either there's going to be some beat up old crocks among them or they're all small and rush jobs...

All Extra Large Trade Tables at Normal Table Charge When Booking All Seven Days.

So is the trade likely to vary from day to day?? - says 'Swap-meet' to me...

ADMISSION: Adults £5.00 ADMISSION: Adults £5.00 .

Entrance fees to the public, in most cases fees will be 50% cheaper than other exhibition shows .

Erm how many railway exhibitions charge £10+?? infact how many charging £5 offer as few as ten layouts??

So reading between the lines from the UK model Shops Entry and their own website...

So its not just model railways its wider hobbies/crafts show??

So it's ten unknown layouts from the same builder?? How long would it take the average modeller to turn out 10 decent quality layouts?? Either there's going to be some beat up old crocks among them or they're all small and rush jobs...

So is the trade likely to vary from day to day?? - says 'Swap-meet' to me...

Erm how many railway exhibitions charge £10+?? infact how many charging £5 offer as few as ten layouts??

Idon't know they could be good. Since I move to Wales 10 years ago I have built for my own use six layouts, three of which are on RMWeb. Great Tunsley Dale 28ft by 12ft, PorthEthin 17ft by 2ft 6in. Porth Penrhyn 16ft by 2ft 6in. then my large layout in the barn 28ft by 18ft. Waterley Cross Ogauge with three other guys 20ft by 2ft. Plus for Martin Wales Trywern Sidings and just completed for Martin Kinmundy. also three other layout from 12ft by 10ft to 16ft by 2ft for others as well as starting two more layout of my own one on here Glen Gillie and Port Wem.

All of these I feel are good quality layouts. I just like building them so to be fair some people can turn out a layout very fast and still be of good Quality

Peter

<br />Did anyone reading this take a layout to Winchcombe for the G-WR's GWR 175 Gala...? That must have been 9 days of continous operation. <br /><br />I wouldn't expect any credible show to last more than 3 days, after then most layouts would need some serious maintenance and their operators would be seriously fatigued....!!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Yes... i took some (55ft) of The Long Line there, a short in retrospect was placed afterwards upon the gwr 175 exhibitions thread.

Mark

Archived