Rannoch Moor

MRDBLUE17

Dave, I took a large number of pics of the rake about 3 years back (though one of the coaches, the ex-LNER one has now been replaced by a Mk2 Pullman, Andi tells me).

Andi's still got the Observation Car on his workbench and I'm really looking forward to seeing the results!

3 coaches still to come... The Observation Car, Dining Car No2 (the new one) and State Car No3!

• 3 months later...

Hi Blueovalcraig,

Thanks very much for your kind comments, amazed you found my thread as I havnt done much since showcase. Fitting a bathroom, doing the nursery and now having a 4 week old Baby daughter has taken over most free time. Don't have any more exhibitions planned just yet but will post on here when I can fit them in so hopefully you can get along to see it.

All the best

Mark

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

The layout has had a good track clean, I've not had much need to do this but having sat idle of late dust has settled on the running lines. Apart from that and fixing a damaged fence post everything is working fine. When I got in last night from work a box containing a nice Northern 144. DCC sound Fitted with Legomanbiffo V4 micro the unit has had a good run in and has ended up at Rannoch, plenty of flange squeal on the highland curves. The unit lighting is particularly effective in the fading light.

All the best

Mark

Just caught up Mark, so apologies for a late congratulations on the birth. A few months on now you should be finding a little time for running sessions, (fingers crossed).

Would you believe I've finally got a track plan after designing over a hundred for various locations around the house (blame the wife.;) ). Not only that I've layed it onto the boards and even started soldering droppers (shock horror something's actually happening, lol).

Looking forward to next year where I hope to get back out around the shows.

Cheers for now,

Mark

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

The last 3 months have flown by since Eilidh was born so not really had much modelling time and lack of updates on Rannoch since.

I did treat myself to this little pack of preiser figures the other day to add a little festive fun to the layout with Santa giving out presents.

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

All the best

Mark

post-6863-0-62765600-1387762032_thumb.jpg

Edited by MRDBLUE17
  • Like 7

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to wish all on RMweb a very Happy New Year when it comes!

Thanks for all the kind messages on here and at shows about my little train set. Will hopefully see some of you at Glasgow next when we will be doing our modelling demos with Scottish Modellers/ DEMU.

All the best

Mark

• 1 month later...

Hi Dave,

Andy does not offer any larger spans.

It is not the type of design that would be able to break down into a modular form to enable any larger spans to be constructed.

It spans 2 tracks at WH fishing boat clearance distancesbiggrin.gif

You say you were looking to do the Princes Street Gardens footbridge?

I don't think this kit is a good starting point for the above reason.

If you want to do this from etch products - then see if you can buy the George Allan kits from eBay or wherever as they are of a design more easily combined to give the required span.

Hope this helps!

I've nearly finished the 2mm version....

Mark will tell you that the 4mm etches are very fine!

The 2mm are even finer!

I've had to resort to solder paste to get the 2 etches that make one side of the bridge to go together properly.

All in all opinion?

A wonderful bit of kit that makes up into a superb model.

Thanks

Hi

Do you have any pics of the finished footbridge? 2 & 4MM. 

I am Alan of George Alan (models)just back in the UK (retired). None of my old kit survived the passing of 40+ years and I am trying to build up a bit of an archive.

Hope you can help

alan.whines@hotmail.com

cheers

Alan

• 3 months later...

Strange goings on at Rannoch - seems that a Class 318 EMU managed to make it all the way to Rannoch today without electricity :O

Andy 8)

Looks like 55022 took a wrong turn somewhere in Glasgow with this EMU drag....."22" must be hidden by the station building though! :scratchhead:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, 

Last summer, with my family, we went to rannoch station. A very nice place, and a so beautiful country.   :wub:  

This layout is really completed, the station is perfectly reproduced.  :fan:

Fantastic work !  :)

Hello, 

Last summer, with my family, we went to rannoch station. A very nice place, and a so beautiful country.   :wub:  

This layout is really completed, the station is perfectly reproduced.  :fan:

Fantastic work !  :)

Many thanks for your very kind comments. Yes the layout is pretty much finished, I will be adding a few suitable road vehicles and have a little feature to add at some point but its nice to be able to have somewhere to just play trains.

Andy's 318 posted above is a fantastic model, runs smoothly and I was totally suprised when Andy switched on the Electrics sounds by the excellent Legomanbiffo. They are only for test running on Rannoch until our new joint project is up and running.

All the best

Mark

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've had any updates on Rannoch as not a lot has changed and with the arrival of baby Eilidh 9 months ago my modelling time has been taken up. This hasn't stopped me doing any modelling as I am currently working on a joint project ready for Glasgow show next year. It has meant that I've not had time to take Rannoch out to shows this year but Recently Nigel Burkin visited and spent a few hours photographing Rannoch for BRM. Ben mentioned this was being included in the list for the RMweb public vote so if you want to see Nigel's fantastic photography of the layout and read a bit of banter from me please cast your vote for Rannoch. (Does this make Andy "Simon Cowell" York)

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/87624-brm-october-rmweb-edition-choose-your-content/&do=findComment&comment=1504446

Thanks

Mark

Edited by MRDBLUE17
  • Like 2