Rannoch Moor

MRDBLUE17

Hi Mark,

Love the latest pics, the one looking up to the viaduct is superb.

I see you have been tempted with a class 85, maybe you next layout will have some overhead now. I have been planning a small layout with OHL myself though haven't had the spare cast to get an 85 yet.

Cheers Peter.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the comments, been off this week and put in a couple of late nights to install the station lighting surface mounts for the bright white external lighting and warm white for the station interior. Scratch built the ground frame for the points in the front sidings as well. The RETB mast and blue lights for the stop boards are next along with a few other details. First show is Ayr 22/23September. Not long to go now. Hopefully see some of you there.

Mark

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

Despite the complete lack of updates Rannoch has been completed to a suitable state to exhibit. There are still several finer details that will be added over time but today it has travelled to Ayr and is set up ready for the first trains in service at the Exhibition!

Hope to see some of you there this weekend and if you are please come by and say hello.

Hope you like it!

Thanks

Mark

• Like 1

Welcome to the world of exhibiting your train set Mark! It can be addictive though. I'm looking forward to seeing it at Barrow in a couple of weeks time. Have fun and make a list of any loco's with cv's you want me to tweak! kev.

Hi Kev,

Thanks for your support! I will be bringing the stock down with me on Monday so might have a couple to be tweaked. I'll take note tomorrow. The hardest task is getting everyone trained on changing the points so will need to put something together to simplify this ready for Barrow!

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

Hope the exhibition went well. The fates conspired against me and I couldn't make it in the end. Did Andi make it up to see the layout?

Mike

Mark,

Glad it went well - the layout looks stunning - nice maroon 37s too!!!

Mike - I didn't make it as i was in Russia of all places! Hoping to make it to Barrow. Hoping to make progress with the Royal Scotsman too, I am still awaiting the etch from Shawplan though!

Cheers,

Andi.

• Like 1

Hi Mark,

Some fantastic photos there which really bring the layout to life. You've truly got the "West Highland" atmosphere. It just couldn't be anywhere else. The latest shots show how the layout has all come together so well. The station building and the viaduct are the highlights for me, but the general vegetation and the "flow" of the track layout are brilliant too. I've seen too many highland layouts which are spoilt by far too many perfectly shaped conical "Christmas trees" just plonked on the layout.

Just superb.

I'm still hoping to be able to make it down to Barrow on one of the days by the way if you need any help!

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 1

Hi Everyone,

Ayr went fairly well for the layouts first trip out. It all just fitted in a SWB transit van and seemed to go down well with everyone visiting the show. Thanks for all those I saw over the weekend who stopped by for some banter! My thanks to Stephen and the rest of the Ayr club for the invite and the exhibition was cracking with several new layouts on show. I must also thank Stephen for weathering up a 37 and 66 ready for Service and Mike for lending his layout lighting. Phil made up some cracking Stop boards that he put in place on the Saturday morning to finish off the blue flashing lights on the RETB signalling. Also for adding all the show photos. It was great to have the support of the DEMU/ Scottish modellers group and I will make the point operation easier for you at Barrow!

Andi both your WCRC locos worked well on the layout as did 37087 but Mike pinched this along with the DRS 20 you did for me for use on his new layout Hunterston which became a DRS stabling point on the Sunday!

Eddie, thanks for that wondered where your photos would appear!

Next trip out is Barrow thanks to Kev for the invite for Furness Model Railway Club show on the 13/14th October at Barrow sixth form college on rating late. New 67 will be in service and Sunday should see some of Kev's 1980's stock from Loch Dour in service.

Hope to see you there (Dave/Andi you will be very welcome to come and have a play)

Thanks

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Hi there,

Too late.....

All the hall space is already fully allocated!

Thankfully it includes Mark's Rannoch Moor layout.

for all the details....

http://www.modelrail-scotland.co.uk/ex2013amrss.html

Thanks

Looks good like those 37,s hopefully you will bring the layout one of these days or else perhaps we could start a petition to MRScotland for inclusion next year?

Hi Mark,

Some great pics, glad to hear the layout worked well on it's first outing.

I doubt I will be able to make it to Barrow, I will have to try and catch up with you next time I am over.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Shame you won't get to see it in person this time around but hopefully next time you are over you'll get a chance to! I shouldn't be working away from home then either.

Hope you are having a good holiday despite all the wet weather we keep having!

Roundhouse- your quite right about the autoballasters they should be filthy but ran out of time finishing the layout! Stephen had took a 37 and 66 to weather a few weeks before the show which went straight into service as they just wouldn't have been done in time.

Thanks

Mark