Fleetwood Closure

reevesthecat

Hi

I am not surprised about the twin car stats as they get so little use and must be full of damp!. I think in days gone by they ran the twin cars earlier in the season to help dry them out.I was on 737 much earlier this year and the driver turned the breakers (I think) on and off to solve a warning light in the cab, he commented to the conducter it was not the first time either.

mark

Despite Twin Set 2 (the orange one!) being my favourite tram, I do have to agree that they get such little use and have never really had a proper overhaul - just a repaint in 2004. There just isn't the demand for them anymore so they generally only see summer use, though this year not one has broken down!

Trawler wise when I was in Blackpool in late October the tram was sat at Tower for about 45 minutes - seemingly with fitters in attendance - before heading north and eventually getting to Central Pier for a tour. I don't always go by tows as reliability stats!

Jack

• 3 months later...

hi

Incase anyone interested blackpool's trams back on today running from pleasure beach (as route to starr gate shut for upgrade) and to cleveleys- supposed to be running to ash st fleetwood (end of the reserve track before running down fleetwood high street) but overhead wires stolen over winter!

Have seen a few trams out on test on the preceeding days but service only started today!

mark

• 5 months later...

Nightmare on Bold Street!

I was in Fleetwood last weekend and took some photos.

Here is the temporary terminus at Ash Street, aka Fisherman's Walk, with no sign of the trauma of reconstruction.

post-6699-076269500 1283867349_thumb.jpg

Looking the other way -

post-6699-009010800 1283868069_thumb.jpg

The baseboard joints clearly need alignment.

post-6699-004951600 1283868110_thumb.jpg

You can never have too many track gauges.

post-6699-042686700 1283868345_thumb.jpg

Work in progress. After all that is done the road surface will be built up and made good.

post-6699-089194900 1283868517_thumb.jpg

Like this.

It will be quite nice when it's finished. Meanwhile some streets in Fleetwood now have bus services. It won't last.

Chris

Re the earlier comments about taking 3 years I thought this was bad until I took my wife to Gent last November

We can go for a ride on a tram I told her - last time I was there 4 years ago they had started work on relaying the lines through the central part of Gent - well you can guess when we got there in November they seemed to have gone backwards with even more of the road up than there was 4 years ago. So much to her disappointment we didnt get to ride on the tramssad.gif.

As this thread is about trams, may I draw your attention to the current issue of "Model Engineer", issue 4385 (27th August to 9th September). A series is starting about building a Preston type open-top tramcar in 1/16th scale.

Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread, but couldn't see anywhere else to post this.

Dennis

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, this is first ever post on here. I live in Rochester, Kent and I went to Blackpool for a few days at the start of August. I absolutely enjoyed myself up there. I have a fotopic website and I have photographs that I took in Blackpool of the tramway. The link for the album is as follows:- http://willnicholls....t/c1885903.html

Keeping to subject. Here is a photo of Illuminated Car No. 737 at Ash Street on driver training.

post-9446-075730700 1288527333_thumb.jpg

Archived