Jump to content

spackz

Dapol Class 21/29

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, brenn said:

Nice work..where did you get the builds plate..Dapol?....have you got some shots of the front?

 

247 do NBL plates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Will take some pictures later today 

they were old plates I’ve had a long time could be Jackson and Evans 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
On 26/05/2019 at 22:55, brenn said:

Nice work..where did you get the builds plate..Dapol?....have you got some shots of the front?

 

F39F8EA7-3BFC-483F-B54C-EF7C9B67E690.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, roomey said:

 

F39F8EA7-3BFC-483F-B54C-EF7C9B67E690.jpeg

Nice work...where did you get the red circle coupling codes as I need some for a class 16 i'm having resprayed in BR Blue...are they transfers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Yes there from Fox transfers you get all types in one pack 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, roomey said:

Yes there from Fox transfers you get all types in one pack 

which pack do you have the number?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just out of curiosity, what is the wheel diameter on the prototype?

 

Cheers,

 

David

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, luckymucklebackit said:

Decorated samples on Hattons website, I think that the upper green on the class 29s looks too bright imho

 

https://www.hattons.co.uk/newsdetail.aspx?id=476

 

Jim



Hmmm, I agree, that upper green does look a bit intense! It could be the lighting, although Dapol don't have a great track record on colours for some of their models.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some decorated samples and more information from the Dapol website.

 

1361995040_DapolClass21and29(1).jpg.98da961247dafe346e8ee5c8da08de31.jpg

 

1836989093_DapolClass21and29(2).jpg.55416f8264aedf24fea7377e2ff504fe.jpg

Edited by MGR Hooper!
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any difference - other than the number - between the two plain green ones?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Downer said:

Is there any difference - other than the number - between the two plain green ones?

You mean D6121 and D6120? Apparently just the running numbers, they're both Class 21.

 

Incidentally, it's interesting that the "Revised Class 21 running numbers" call-out is placed alongside the Class 29 locos! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, truffy said:

You mean D6121 and D6120? Apparently just the running numbers, they're both Class 21.

 

Incidentally, it's interesting that the "Revised Class 21 running numbers" call-out is placed alongside the Class 29 locos! :)

 

Two Ipswich ones - surprising, I'd've thought they might have chosen one from the GN as well as a GE one.

  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are looking good, the bodyside turn under looks better than the early samples. I'm not replacing my BR blue Bachby-Hornman hybrids, due to the blood, sweat and time that went into them, and particularly as Dapol have chosen the same 2 numbers that I have already done.....! :mocking_mini:

IMG_20170303_190939.jpg.ea8c1e827bc110ee5e4afc7a10992993.jpg

But I may well be tempted by a two tone green version which would allow my third hybrid to become oddball class 29 D6123 with disc headcodes.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 31A said:

 

Two Ipswich ones - surprising, I'd've thought they might have chosen one from the GN as well as a GE one.

Hi Steve,

 

Without getting the books out, weren't the GN batch the pilot batch and had a different grille arrangement for the radiator intake? They were altered to be the same as the production batch after being transferred to Scotland. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Steve,

 

Without getting the books out, weren't the GN batch the pilot batch and had a different grille arrangement for the radiator intake? They were altered to be the same as the production batch after being transferred to Scotland. 

 

Ooh I don't know; I didn't get my books out either when I made that comment!  But I seem to think the GN ones were low numbered so I'm sure you're right.  Thanks for letting me know; it'll save me making a mess with transfers ....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw D6110/12 on delivery from Doncaster (assumed as I've seen pics of it there when new), heading south towards Cambridge on the loop via St.Ives.

 

Stewart

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

D6121 is in its pre 1964 condition, before it swapped cabs with D6122 following an accident.

 

D6122 had windscreen wipers at the bottom and (D6122- onwards) no cab vents, unlike D6100-21.

Post 1964 D6122 was rebuilt as a 29, and D6121 became stuff of legend in Barry with both numbers showing through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Steve,

 

Without getting the books out, weren't the GN batch the pilot batch and had a different grille arrangement for the radiator intake? They were altered to be the same as the production batch after being transferred to Scotland. 

 

7 hours ago, 31A said:

 

Ooh I don't know; I didn't get my books out either when I made that comment!  But I seem to think the GN ones were low numbered so I'm sure you're right.  Thanks for letting me know; it'll save me making a mess with transfers ....

 

Some time ago when discussing the Hornby 29, BernardTPM pointed me to a Wikipedia photo of D6103 in 1959 at Harringay which shows the original grilles: 

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_21

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.