For the use of SWAG modular layout contributors

tim-minay

Module layout at SWAG members day

I need some ideas for next years "module special train" please. This year we had SWAG Modules World Tour 2012, Captain Kernows Famous Pasties and SWAG Cider. The wagons need a west country theme I think.

Idears so far

SWAG Tin Mining

SWAG Cream Teas

The Grockle and Emit Express (In SWAG Livery) what ever that is!

Let me know if you have have any ideas

• Like 3

If it's set in summer in the West Country, then some sort of jam is inevitable. Still, I suppose that supports the cream tea idea :) .

How about the RMweb equivalent of a Popemobile. A rail-mounted Yorkmobile, with a 4mm scale Andy on tour :sungum: .

• Like 4

How about the RMweb equivalent of a Popemobile. A rail-mounted Yorkmobile, with a 4mm scale Andy on tour https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/emoticons/default_sun_bespectacled.gif .

He is so busy we could never get thim to stand still to collect the measurements for an exact 4mm scale model (of course all of this module thing is based on prototype and exact scale modeling :scratchhead: )

• Like 4

Laser scanning might be overdoing it ;) . The SWAG module philosophy seems to be more about impressionism and fun. If you're planning to keep the pasty mine module you could always arrange an RMweb members' meet!

• Like 2

Given that there is a cider wagon their needs to be some form of production facility. How about a cider and pasty mine :)

• Like 1

In view of the number of them dotted about the Cornish landscape there is a very clear need for a treacle tankcar and possible some of the older vans into which barrels of treacle were loaded.

• Like 3

If we did do this, we'd need to use the larger hall !

The Captain's Challenge specifically calls for maximum inventiveness to produce the longest continuous run in the smaller hall, chaps!

A looped figure eight dumbell would be one way and not take up too much space except at the ends. (A double looped figure eight dumbell would be even better)

A looped figure eight dumbell would be one way and not take up too much space except at the ends. (A double looped figure eight dumbell would be even better)

:nono: :punish:

• Like 1