Tornado support coach

iankemp

A1 Steam Trust have asked Bachmann to produce a support coach for Tornado. To get your hands on one of these You have to donate minimum of £50 towards the restoration of the support coach. Then for a extra £25 you have the chance to buy one for your model of Tornado. It is a BCK Mk1 coach. It looks like it is going to be crimson and cream from the looks of the progress of the coach so far!

The support coach currently being used by the Trust is usually to be seen with the Thompson B1 61264. As this historic locomotive is due to return to traffic after overhaul later this year, the Trust needs to have a replacement. In 2008 Mk 1 Brake Corridor Composite (BCK) E21249 was moved to Darlington Locomotive Works from the GCR(N). The vehicle is a Swindon1961 built, five compartment composite brake with three second class and two first class compartments, two toilet compartments, a guard’s compartment and a caged luggage area. This coach was purchased by Barry and Linda Wilson who have now most generously agreed to donate it to the Trust for use as Tornado’s support coach.

http://www.a1steam.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=582&Itemid=233

Well i have managed to get hold of a Mk1 BCK crimson and cream and i have bought some rub on transfers all i need to do is change the coach numbers. Does anyone know where i can get hold of transfers to this? I will post some pics of the 2 hooked up together over the weekend.

I have done a BCK coach that may look like the support coach that will be used for Tornado.

I used rub on transfers that i bought for about £2.

I left a 5mm gap from the thin cream stripe and then used the rub on transfers to make up the lettering for the coach, i think i could have the website of the a1 steam trust. www.a1steam.com

post-1121-0-30446100-1295100884_thumb.jpg

Archived