Building a G-scale Engine Shed

James Hilton

• RMweb Gold

Nice start James and a fitting tribute, G is ideal for capturing the feel without being obsessive about every last detail and I'm sure would have continued to be popular with your Dad with what you say of his approach to modelling. I find dipping back and forth very relaxing and it allows you to enjoy the tighter constraints of finescale more as you can relax with the bigger stuff while working out how to do the harder bits in small scales.

• 5 weeks later...

If anyone is interested, you can view the progress (and steps taken to get there) on my Blogger blog: http://ejklr.blogspot.com

If you type 'Engine Shed' in the Google search box on the right hand column it finds all content relating to Engine Shed on the blog (handy feature).

Here is the current state of play, still awaiting a finished roof surface, guttering and some further interior enhancements (posters, plug sockets, light switches, conduits) and a little weathering.

post-6671-0-07153800-1298628930_thumb.jpg

Hi Jimmy - yes - next up is the station building. I'm working out the cutting plan for the MDF for that at the moment, as I like to build strength into a building. I'm also 'worried' about the canopy and roof interface being a potential 'rotting' spot - so might use plastic for the roof on this one to avoid that issue.

Archived