Bachmann pre-announcement thread

reevesthecat

N Gauge look as if they are going to have a nice year. Blue Pully in N, CEP and Dessie as well.

In OO, much as I thought consolidation in diesel and electric and new steam locos, both of which must be very welcome news. I assume the Dukedog will appear in N Gauge before too long, so I might just think a bit more about an N Gauge Barmouth Bridge layout I'd been mulling over!

Very disappointed no new runs of OO Mk2s suggested unless they will creep out subsequently. And did I see LMS Porthole stock listed for OO? They will look very nice behind the Electric Blue Class 85!

• RMweb Premium

Replica Railways are going to be cursing and swearing in the morning...

EDIT: Ruddy Nora, who called the Wainwright 'C' class? Well done that man!!

• RMweb Premium

Cannot believe the lack of 47's, especially as one of the two only new ones is yet another BR blue one with the original style radiator grilles, the same type as the previous model most of the box shifters can't shift!!

No rechassied Ivatt 2MT then and very curiously considering the announcement last year, no Class 40's of any description whatsoever.

Looks like the silly prices for Mk2 TSO/SO's will continue but a big thumbs up to the Mk 1 Sleeper [insert sound of old Triang model being tossed in bin here]

• RMweb Premium

They need to develop and produce stuff quicker in that case!

True, they have rather been hoist up by their own petard (or whatever the hell the phase is!) by being so utterly slow getting to the RTR stage with theirs. To be pipped right at the finishing post must be galling though, still we did get a very nice selection of EMU scratch build parts out of it and a rather tasty and useful chassis so not a total lost for Replica.

Guest Max Stafford

Well since I'm just back from a 'lively' night at work and having my post-arbeit brew, I might just stay the course... ;)

Postscript; looks like a rolling stock year with Porthole stock, Covhops and Hifits - all welcome here.

Loco-wise, it's pretty much a case of "Move on northern boys, nothing to see..."

This man's Antex won't be retiring any time soon.

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Surely you mean why not?! :blink: A great choice methinks, can't wait for one of these. :D

Add me to the "why?" camp - mostly confined to the S.E. Division, on very-specific services, and already available in kits (although I suspect Replica's version is close to RTR with their chassis). Of course, if you *are* modelling the S.E.D. mainline and can accommodate 13 or 14 car trains, I'm sure it will fit in nicely while you wait for a 4-BEP. ;-)

Yes, I know at least one was seen at Chichester, but for those of us interested in the Central Division coastal (eventually 'Coastway') lines it's about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

Oh well, I suppose we have to be grateful they're producing some more EMUs, but as far as Bachmann is concerned I'll go back to sleep for another year.

ĸen

Well since I'm just back from a 'lively' night at work and having my post-arbeit brew, I might just stay the course... ;)

Postscript; looks like a rolling stock year with Porthole stock, Covhops and Hifits - all welcome here.

Loco-wise, it's pretty much a case of "Move on northern boys, nothing to see..."

This man's Antex won't be retiring any time soon.

Dave.

Looks like they've been reading my Early Blue Duff blog by releasing D1547 laugh.gif

http://www.Bachmann.co.uk/image_box.php?image=images1/branchline/32-805.jpg&cat_no=32-805&info=&width=650&height=204

Great to see the GSYP Brush back as well, save me another retro paintjob.

MkI Sleepers, oh JOYOUS DAY! (skips round kitchen in celebration) and Postals. Happy Days!

Will the portholes roll back my modelling window a couple of years - possibly; like Dave says, some nice early and late bauxite hardware too, plus some judicious suburban re-runs.

mark one sleepers mark one sleepers mark one sleepers mark one sleepers mark one sleepers mark one sleepers mark one sleepers

MkI Sleepers, oh JOYOUS DAY! (skips round kitchen in celebration) and Postals. Happy Days!

mark one sleepers mark one sleepers mark one sleepers mark one sleepers mark one sleepers mark one sleepers mark one sleepers

HERE! HERE! Thank you thank you Bachmann. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Well; obviously some information is out there so you're free to discuss. I will be posting the official press releases etc later but hopefully some background on a few questions I'll ask on the back of the list.

Archived