Modelfair Manchester

Matador

• RMweb Gold
muddys-blues, on 19 Dec 2014 - 14:24, said:

Martin also trades as "dr.days-junc" on ebay,

My postie lady has just delivered an ebay purchase from him - a Bulleid Pacific in malachite. Model is in very fine condition. My feedback has to include the word "Recommended" here.

• RMweb Gold

Have just received an email from modelfair that states that no orders can be placed via the website which is now shutdown & it also looks like pre-orders will not be honoured ?? .

Stewart .

And this also applies to OnTracks...the same company. How very sad.Glad to know Martin is still in business,though.

Hi folks, first time of me posting here and not good news. I paid for 4 x 3pack of Bachmann conflats, paid via paypal, the conflats were on order with modelfair so knew I had to wait, that was on December 12th 2014. tried to log into my modelfair account yesterday, website closed with only an email address to contact re orders. Have emailed the address, no reply. Tried phoning the numbers provided on the original order email - 0844 543 8034 and 01332 912948 - keeps saying lines are busy - tried from 9am till 5pm on the 02/02/2015, no success. Have now had to raise a dispute with paypal. Not happy!

Done a bit of research, Modelfair is part of Hobby Store Retail Ltd, their website is still up and running - www.myhobbystore.co.uk, contact number 0844 848 8822. Was able to log into their site with my modelfair log in, however no record of order.......not looking good :-(

Done a bit of research, Modelfair is part of Hobby Store Retail Ltd, their website is still up and running - www.myhobbystore.co.uk, contact number 0844 848 8822. Was able to log into their site with my modelfair log in, however no record of order.......not looking good :-(

If you have paid with Paypal as you stated, and you have raised a dispute you should eventually get your money back via them, good luck.

Craig.

Yeh, just a bit disappointed tho, but the Glasgow show coming up so will get some then!

If you have paid with Paypal as you stated, and you have raised a dispute you should eventually get your money back via them, good luck.

Craig.

Update - got email today from modelfair, they have agreed to give me refund, email stated they are honouring orders where the items are in stock. Can't complain, will cancel paypal dispute as soon as money gets refunded. Would rather have got the conflats but hey that's the way things go.

quote name="rosslaing" post="1767469" timestamp="1422917069"]

Yeh, just a bit disappointed tho, but the Glasgow show coming up so will get some then!

Update - got email today from modelfair, they have agreed to give me refund, email stated they are honouring orders where the items are in stock. Can't complain, will cancel paypal dispute as soon as money gets refunded. Would rather have got the conflats but hey that's the way things go.

quote name="rosslaing" post="1767469" timestamp="1422917069"]

• RMweb Premium

Phil Parker has posted the comments below on MRE today

ModelFair and OnTracks changes

By Phil Parker

Readers will have noticed that the ModelFair adverts has disappeared from the side of MREmag. Some will have spotted that they and the OnTracks website have stopped accepting orders.

I know there has been some discussion about how this affects MREmag since we are part of the same group. For the moment it is business as usual. I'm working with others on plans to ensure the future of your magazine but until these are finalised I'd rather not say any more.

Suffice to say that you can continue writing in and we'll carry on publishing. I still feel that even with all the other social media options available, MREmag does a valuable job so we'll carry on doing it.

I enjoy reading MRE and hope Phil manages to keep things going . . . . . . .

Hello Fellow Modeller's this post is just to help and clear up any misunderstanding by some people if they think the current outfit that are or where running Modelfair are still the Guys who ran Modelfair when it was based in Manchester, they arent.

Modelfair was sold by Martin about 2 or 3 years ago, to the current owners, Martin supposedly "retired" or certainly cut back his trading interests at that time, but since then he has continued to do trade shows and trade on ebay as Dr Days Junction.

Jim now runs the successful "Loco Shed" model shop at Besses O'th Barn in North Manchester, 0161 772 0103, this is a great shop, and it is a proper model shop, many of the present items in stock, 2nd hand stock, and the good old stock of everyday sundries us modellers need, 

I know many of you will know that this has happened, and there will be as many who don't, I thought I would point this out as I spoke to Jim the other day and he felt a bit sad about what had happened to Modelfair after it had been sold and relocated away from M/Cr, Jim and Martin really loved that business and all it's loyal customers, many of whom returned again and again for purchases, they treated their customers like Friends and provided an excellent service.

Jim was worried that much of the latter criticism of the present regime  may have people thinking it was them that where still running it, so I have volunteered myself to just clear this up incase there is any doubt.

I am in no way related to Martin or Jim, just a Customer of theirs who appreciates their sterling service in the past, and I continue to support them in the present as well .... also I may get an extra choccy biscuit with my brew next time I am in the Loco Shed shop.

Happy Modelling

Craig.

Archived