'Blank' Track?

Here's an unusual request, given the ever-present debate about finding the most accurate track, I am in need of the exact opposite!

To test whether my idea for the 2010 challenge layout is possible, modelling the Docklands Light Railway, I need to find some N gauge track that is essentially 'blank' - as in having as little or no sleeper relief as possible.

The track needs to either be flexible, or in very tight radii (such as the Tomix tram track), and able to provide a good base for rails laid on slab concrete.

Any pointers on the blandest, most hideous, unlife-like N gauge track much appreciated!

David

You could try and get hold of some Jouef that was supplied with their narrowguage sets. Sleeper spacing was a little wide but from memory it was very plain. None on ebay at the moment, but you could try through the classifieds.

Here's an unusual request, given the ever-present debate about finding the most accurate track, I am in need of the exact opposite!

To test whether my idea for the 2010 challenge layout is possible, modelling the Docklands Light Railway, I need to find some N gauge track that is essentially 'blank' - as in having as little or no sleeper relief as possible.

The track needs to either be flexible, or in very tight radii (such as the Tomix tram track), and able to provide a good base for rails laid on slab concrete.

Any pointers on the blandest, most hideous, unlife-like N gauge track much appreciated!

David

Tomix actually sell slab track, although I don't think it is available in the really tight radii. You might also want to look at handlaying track as you won't have to go through all the pain since you need almost no sleepers.

Archived