Polpendra, Cornish branch in N 1958-62

bridgiesimon

All wheels now cleaned ready for the weekend - locos, coaches and wagons as there is no point cleaning all your loco wheels and track if the first train you run smears dirt back on.

I am also well on with a new pair of locos, should be ready for the weekend, couplings, coal, plates and weathering to do, oh yeah and the 56xx needs the front handrail added.

20200303_202524_resized_1.jpg.4748c7a2a209b846014f8292a0270f4c.jpg

At the rear is a 56xx 0-6-2T - Langley kit body on a Grafar 94xx chassis with additional pony wheels.

Nearer the camera is a 2251 0-6-0 Collett goods, also a Langley kit running on a Grafar 94xx chassis.

They are both running very smoothly and am delighted with them so far.

Best wishes

Simon

• Like 4

Thank you for your comments, I am using MBD coupings, available from N Brass Locos - 

https://www.nbrasslocos.co.uk/fitcoach.html

Code: 23842

No price listed at the moment so no idea what is going on, maybe an email his way to confirm would be best, I will need more soon any way.

They are similar to DG couplings but have an etched loop so easier to make - I made up and fitted 5 pairs of couplings this evening in about an hour for a show this weekend. 

(More details further back in the thread - page 2 I think)

Best wishes

Simon

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 05/03/2020 at 00:05, bridgiesimon said:

Thank you for your comments, I am using MBD coupings, available from N Brass Locos - 

https://www.nbrasslocos.co.uk/fitcoach.html

Code: 23842

No price listed at the moment so no idea what is going on, maybe an email his way to confirm would be best, I will need more soon any way.

They are similar to DG couplings but have an etched loop so easier to make - I made up and fitted 5 pairs of couplings this evening in about an hour for a show this weekend. 

(More details further back in the thread - page 2 I think)

Best wishes

Simon

Thank you for the response, Simon, much appreciated.

Best

Scott.

An update, Nick sent me a test fret to try out a fret as he has had a couple of complaints recently that the etches were problematic. I tried making them up and found that they were perfectly good, folded well and make up easily so no idea what the issue was the other customer had.

Fingers crossed they will be available again soon.

Best wishes

Simon