N-Train 3D models

BobD

The first ones are for an N gauge Class 465, based on convering a Mk 2 Farish coach. Remove existing livery, cut of ends from 2 coaches and glue on new cabs, but of filler rub down and apply Electra vinyls or paint, or whatever technique for finishing you prefer.

That is the theory. I have yet to test it.

The second picture is a wheel for a Transit van. Again, these are test items and about to be worked with on a trial basis.

At this stage these are pictures as received straight from the Shapeways box, no attempt to clean any support material off or anything else.

And I think mine are too long for the video, but it did make me smile...............

• 9 months later...

N Gauge Structure Gauging Train Optical Car

Uses a Farish VBA chassis, remove the van body, clean new bits with warm soapy water, paint, add vinyls (Electra), fit LED if required (your on your own here), mount on chassis.

tn_DSCF4500.jpg

tn_DSCF4506.jpg

The model is available to order now. The initial batch has already sold out, but more are on the way and due within 2 weeks.

Price will be £12 each body kit + p&p

Hi Bob,

I'd certainly want one of the Optical Car, I looked on your ebay and Shapeways pages but couldn't see it, do I order direct from you? - and how much for p+p?

Regards, Gerry.

The first batch has sold out. More are coming through very shortly. They will then be available in the eBay shop.

I have been surprised by the interest in this kit, as I did it as a design exercise, nearly a year ago. A discussion on the N Gauge Forum, got me to knock the dust off and add more detail. Then I suddenly had a kit.

• 2 years later...

Been a while since I posted here.

Does anyone know the current availablity of Mashima motors. The link on the website, for e-mail contact, does not work.

I am looking for a quantity of motors for re-sale. An alternative manufacturer would be useful.

Been a while since I posted here.

Does anyone know the current availablity of Mashima motors. The link on the website, for e-mail contact, does not work.

I am looking for a quantity of motors for re-sale. An alternative manufacturer would be useful.

Hi,

Try contacting Hollywood Foundry.....

Even "Tenshodo" make motors..... AFAIK many shops in the UK distribute both Tenshodo and Mashima motors and have them in stock. Whilst Hollywood Foundry is the only Aussie shop I know.

Roundbell

Roxey Mouldings

Finney and Smith

Comet Models

Tower Models

Try those as well.....

Comet, sadly, won't be doing much (if any) trading at the moment

Archived