Preston & District Model Railway Exhibition - 3rd & 4th March 2012

Jeremy Davison

Spent an enjoyable few hours at the show on Saturday. Not the biggest in the North but very friendly and not crowded. Not many rucksacks to complain about. Had a good chat with the Inglenook demonstrator, simple auto uncoupling and potentially hours of fun for the grandkids and me. I didn't get to knowingly chat to any RMwebbers due to forgetting which layouts they were on! Part of growing old I'm afraid. Thanks to all concerned. A couple of pics. Firstly The Furka Oberalp layout which is what I call a mountain railway.

post-382-0-67485300-1330862816_thumb.jpg

The Ouzel Thorn layout really attracted me with its scenic detail.

post-382-0-18699900-1330862898_thumb.jpg

Had a good chat with the Inglenook demonstrator, simple auto uncoupling and potentially hours of fun for the grandkids and me.

Here's a photo we took of the Boxley Sidings (Inglnook), close to our own heart, interesting to see another take on this simple concept.

post-11105-0-90870900-1330881934.jpg

We also liked these.

post-11105-0-39565300-1330881945.jpg

post-11105-0-12069700-1330881959.jpg

on Ynysybwl. Had a long chat discussing the merits of using teddy bear fur grass lining the South Wales Valley. :)

Loved the show look forward to next year's.

Ray.

Ouzel Thorne - Brilliant! That layout had so much atmosphere, superb scenic display. Also impressed with Ray Slacks "Bodmin" and always liked "Wansbeck Road". I thought that this show was very good with a wide area of interest, all four of the pre-nationalisation companies represented through to BR Steam / diesel and contemporary scene.

Thanks to Les and the Preston Club from the Hoglington crew for their hospitality over the weekend - well up to usual standards. :drink_mini:

A good selection of layout to suit most tastes and traders covering all the main bases. - All round a fine, friendly, nice sized show. :good:

Layout behaved it self all weekend, and even the M62 was trouble-free both ways! :O

Paul

I'm glad that people seemed to enjoy the weekend at Preston. We certainly had a good time on Bee Lane, and the overall show and social evening were really enjoyable (not to mention the raffle :imsohappy:).

Hope to see folks again next year, all the layouts have already been booked with some top quality exhibits that should appeal to all. (I could be persuaded to name one or two if folks are interested (and I can remember)!).

Cheers

Jeremy

Archived