Lima mk2 coach, help please

ess1uk

• RMweb Premium

don't know if the OO ones are the same, but IIRC the HO ones had 2 clips each side, where the roof clipped into tabs on the top of the bodyside. roof lifted off, leaving the rest of the coach as a one-er

I think what you need to do is grab hold of each end of the coach and twist it from side to side,dont overdo it but work it in each direction and the roof will pop off there are 3? clips holding the roof and glazing to the chassis/ bottom of the body, I have done loads of these and think is how I did it its been a while, I am not home until next Thursday so cant check until then, sorry.

I think what you need to do is grab hold of each end of the coach and twist it from side to side,dont overdo it but work it in each direction and the roof will pop off there are 3? clips holding the roof and glazing to the chassis/ bottom of the body, I have done loads of these and think is how I did it its been a while, I am not home until next Thursday so cant check until then, sorry.

Yes, hold the body at each end and twist, this will release the clips that hold the roof/windows in place.

This rings a bell with me, I think it was the method recommended by SE Finecast for their Flushglaze replacement windows. It is a little scary but it does work with care and I did not have any major issues.

• 2 weeks later...

don't know if the OO ones are the same, but IIRC the HO ones had 2 clips each side, where the roof clipped into tabs on the top of the bodyside. roof lifted off, leaving the rest of the coach as a one-er

As I am modifying one or two Lima HO mark 2s -

1. The roofs are held on with four clips, two on each side, and a lug at each end.
  2. The glazing is secured by four lugs in the end door droplight windows, and the four lugs that held the roof on.
  3. The seating insert can now be lifted out - the weight is now lose, don't drop it on your toes :(
  4. The underframe is secured buy four clips, again two on each side - the lugs are on the body itself, and a lug at each end.
  5. the gangway connections clip in on the end, and have a fall-plate moulding that covers the underframe lugs at the ends.

I hope that helps.

• RMweb Premium

Aghh the Lima Mark 2 Bs essential for a WR layout.

They come apart OK for removing the glazing, and painting the inside, bogies, the Lima B4s are not bad at all, but have 1 HUGE flaw, the coupling is on the wrong end.

The amount of Lima B4s I have chopped the couplings off and glued smalelr ones on the correct end is quite high.

My most recent one is the conversion of a Lima BG into a bar car with 247 Development sides, I have B5ed them.

Lima 2B and 2F - you also need to modify the gangway, it is poor.

2F though, I don't like it, I prefer my 2D and 2E conversion Airfix ones, I have an Airfix 2F FO and that is preferable to a Lima 2F, tempted to make an Airfix 2F TSO, but 2Es are more common on the WR so just stick to sawing a toilet out and making them diagonal.=, rather than also doing the underframe to the single fan.

• 4 years later...

Aghh the Lima Mark 2 Bs essential for a WR layout.

They come apart OK for removing the glazing, and painting the inside, bogies, the Lima B4s are not bad at all, but have 1 HUGE flaw, the coupling is on the wrong end.

The amount of Lima B4s I have chopped the couplings off and glued smalelr ones on the correct end is quite high.

Lima 2B and 2F - you also need to modify the gangway, it is poor.

Do you have any pictures of your modified bogies?

Thanks.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived