Railway Breakdown Cranes Volume 2 Now Out.

Baby Deltic

• RMweb Premium

Hi

This is the automated email I've had this morning from Amazon delivery date was today.

"We regret to inform you that your order will take longer to fulfill than originally estimated. Our supplier has notified us that there is a delay obtaining stock for the following items you ordered on January 03 2013."

Cheers

Paul

Hi

This is the automated email I've had this morning from Amazon delivery date was today.

"We regret to inform you that your order will take longer to fulfill than originally estimated. Our supplier has notified us that there is a delay obtaining stock for the following items you ordered on January 03 2013."

Cheers

Paul

Paul,

I was checking the status of my order last evening and discovered that The Book Depository, (which I have always understood to be Amazon in disguise), is listing this book to be "In stock".

Details are :-

£24.04 + £2.80 UK delivery

New Brand New. Shipped from UK Mainland. Delivery is usually 2 - 3 working days from order by Royal Mail, International Delivery is by Airmail.

Seller: The Book Depository Ltd

Seller Rating:98% positive over the past 12 months. (2,792,081 total ratings)

In stock. Dispatched from United Kingdom.

I have therefor cancelled my Amazon order and ordered from The Book Depository.

We will see !!!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Premium

Paul,

I was checking the status of my order last evening and discovered that The Book Depository, (which I have always understood to be Amazon in disguise), is listing this book to be "In stock".

Details are :-

£24.04 + £2.80 UK delivery

New Brand New. Shipped from UK Mainland. Delivery is usually 2 - 3 working days from order by Royal Mail, International Delivery is by Airmail.

Seller: The Book Depository Ltd

Seller Rating:98% positive over the past 12 months. (2,792,081 total ratings)

In stock. Dispatched from United Kingdom.

I have therefor cancelled my Amazon order and ordered from The Book Depository.

We will see !!!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Hi John

Since posting that this morning I have had another email from Amazon with a delivery date of 6th March and the status has gone to dispatching soon. We will soon find out.

Cheers

Paul

E-mail from WHSmith in the wee small hours to say that my book is now on its way (just one book now remains from that order - Bill Aves' book about the British Expeditionary Force railway units). 

E-mail to say that mine is in transit from The Book Depository / Amazon.

It would appear that something has unblocked the system - funny that all of the discounters have suddenly received stocks at the same time !!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Guest stuartp

Just been texted to say Vol 2 is available to pic up from Waterstones (full price).

It's taken three weeks on special order, which was exactly how long they said it would take when I placed the order. Volume 1 arrived in 3 days as they had it in stock at their warehouse, which was also exactly how long they said it would take.

• 1 year later...

If any readers have not yet acquired Volume 1, which has been out of print for about 18 months, you have a couple of choices. 

Pay the £3856 that Amazon want for their one copy or wait for a couple of months for the reprint which has been commissioned by Kevin Robinson.  Expected for around the Warley show.

Archived