Bath Queen Square

queensquare

On 05/09/2019 at 20:51, queensquare said:

Before leaving the theme of smoke, mirrors and simplification I thought I'd post this picture. There was some discussion a few pages back about the interior roof structure and anyone who knows anything about roofing would tell you I've missed an awful lot out. That said, I'm very happy with the feel of the interior which, to be honest, can only be glimpsed from certain angles anyway. The soft yellow LEDs barely  pierce the gloom which is probably pretty authentic!

186758310_Interior1.JPG.24afc2df1354650dc56d1b25bd129c99.JPG

Jerry

Hi Jerry

I have just re-visited your Bath Green Park thread and see that you are also modelling the Midland (Top) Shed. What a marvellous job you have done with this in 2mm scale. It will look quite impressive with the 7F's you are building. The window details look amazing and must have taken a lot of patience to put together. What did you use for the wall textures?

Having seen the superb detail you have included in this model, I wondered if you might be prepared to share some of your valuable research on this shed area?

I am current building an "O" Gauge impression of Bath Green park Shed having recently moved from N and 2mm (takes cover!) and would be grateful if you might be prepared to share some of the drawings or pictures used to construct and detail the shed. 

To show that I am not just cribbing the details you have clearly carefully investigated I enclose a copy of one of my own cad drawings of the shed front elevation and a picture of the mock-up in place.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Best Regards

DM

IMG_4832.JPG

Front Elevation 30deg.pdf

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, dmeaden said:

Hi Jerry

I have just re-visited your Bath Green Park thread and see that you are also modelling the Midland (Top) Shed. What a marvellous job you have done with this in 2mm scale. It will look quite impressive with the 7F's you are building. The window details look amazing and must have taken a lot of patience to put together. What did you use for the wall textures?

Having seen the superb detail you have included in this model, I wondered if you might be prepared to share some of your valuable research on this shed area?

I am current building an "O" Gauge impression of Bath Green park Shed having recently moved from N and 2mm (takes cover!) and would be grateful if you might be prepared to share some of the drawings or pictures used to construct and detail the shed. 

To show that I am not just cribbing the details you have clearly carefully investigated I enclose a copy of one of my own cad drawings of the shed front elevation and a picture of the mock-up in place.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Best Regards

DM

Front Elevation 30d

Hi DM,

more than happy to share the drawings though they are based largely on photographs and dimensions worked out from the OS map. I attach the following scan which doesnt show it all as my scanner isnt big enough but should be enough for you to work out the rest. The interior I have done from published photos, many of which are on this thread.

The water tower is worked up from drawings in Midland Record 2 from Wild Swan.

The stone work on the walls is Kibri embossed plastic sheets. Most of the construction details can be found in the thread.

Hope that helps,

Jerry

Edit its Bath Queen Square - BR named it Green Park very late on. The clue is in the title of the thread! :)

1286418979_Bath001.jpg.d3b5d475035a35b78edbcee95616124f.jpg

Edited by queensquare
  • Like 2

Many thanks Gerry -this is the main information I am sketchy on so my list of excuses is significantly reduced.

It’ll be interesting to overlay my cad guesswork on your scanner drawing and see how close they are!

Will let you know ;-/

Kind Regards

DM

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, dmeaden said:

Many thanks Gerry -this is the main information I am sketchy on so my list of excuses is significantly reduced.

It’ll be interesting to overlay my cad guesswork on your scanner drawing and see how close they are!

Will let you know ;-/

Kind Regards

DM

Not a problem,

Jerry, with a J

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, queensquare said:

Merry Christmas all, here's to a happy and productive  2020.

I shall be playing trains and laying down some tunes today along with my young apprentice.

Grandad Jerry

20191212_152117.jpg.9dfdfb96f7b0e75609cac7c30db5b25a.jpg

IMG-20191224-WA0003.jpg.de744245880b25d465e7a016d0efd0e7.jpg 

Splendid bit of trackwork there Jerry. From here that looks suspiciously like EM gauge. 

Good start. 

Rob. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Splendid bit of trackwork there Jerry. From here that looks suspiciously like EM gauge. 

No, no, no! :nono: Definitely TT!  :declare:

Hope you all had a merry Christmas and Santa was good to you.

Jim

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, queensquare said:

Its surprising just how often trains crop up in the sort of music I like!

Jerry

A man with a lot of favourite tracks? 

Apologies must be the beer.

Don

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Jerry, you've made me feel a lot less guilty about my own list of unfinished projects...  

Yours all look superb, and I've had to look hard on some of them to what the unfinished bits are.

All the best, Dave.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, DLT said:

Thanks Jerry, you've made me feel a lot less guilty about my own list of unfinished projects...  

Yours all look superb, and I've had to look hard on some of them to what the unfinished bits are.

All the best, Dave.

Thanks Dave, I suspect we're not alone!

all my models get finished, just rarely in the same order they are started!

Jerry

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, richbrummitt said:

If I finish one loco next year I'll be very happy. That wish doesn't include any with faces though, of which a few will, almost certainly, get completed.

Should add Richard that I'm also under strict instructions that the garden railway must be running by spring - wife and two grandsons leaves me little room for manoeuvre! 

Jerry

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, queensquare said:

Should add Richard that I'm also under strict instructions that the garden railway must be running by spring - wife and two grandsons leaves me little room for manoeuvre! 

Jerry

What are you going to run in the garden Jerry. I have some 16mm live steam for 0 gauge track rather good fun. However I am on strict instructions that other things have to be done before I lay any track. We have been here for 4 years and there are still things to get done.  

Don

4 hours ago, queensquare said:

Jerry

Aah! 

I've mooted the garden railway idea a couple of times and it always gets a thumbs down. Probably for the best since I have enough projects and tasks to juggle without making more work for myself. 

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, queensquare said:

Jerry

That should go like clockwork...

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, richbrummitt said:

Aah! 

I've mooted the garden railway idea a couple of times and it always gets a thumbs down. Probably for the best since I have enough projects and tasks to juggle without making more work for myself. 

Yet again I'm incredibly lucky in that Kim is the driving force (though I'm the labour!) behind the garden line. Its basically a simple, single track dogbone bent into an L shape with a couple of passing loops/sidings. Strictly freelance, power will be live steam, clockwork or battery - hairshirt very much left in the shed.

IMG_2378.JPG.9e150062ce382080073f61ade5a72514.JPG

If it ever stops raining for more than a few hours I will take a few pictures and start a thread in the garden railway area. For now, here's a couple of snaps of inspection and testing of the lines first item of motive power on a temporary test track - remember when it was hot and sunny!! 

IMG_4185.JPG.7317ed142aa13f845b1f48f8114acb72.JPG

IMG_6016.JPG.02b01630dee8765bad2a63d9fa36567a.JPG

Jerry

• Like 18