GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, PeterBB said:

Wishing you and Cath a very Happy Christmas and a much much better 2021, cheers, Peter

And the same to you and Sue, all the very best for 2021, hope to meet up at some point mate, take care.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Urie N15 Class   30736 'Excalibur'

Been very busy of late with one thing and another as we all have l guess, but pleased to say l have sold the 2251 Collet 0-6-0 tender engine l had built, as l really didn't like the 3,500 tender that came with the kit, also the southern bogie baggage van l was working on (from an old lan Kirk kit) has also been sold, been doing very little on the T9 project, but l have started the (MOK) N15 King Arthur, l love the Urie style of roof so l need to do some research to find a loco l want, plus it will have picked up a S15 tender on her travels with the three tanks on the rear of the tender, l have seen a few pictures of Arthurs with the bigger bogie tenders on, just have to find one....

DSC07215.JPG

DSC07216.JPG

DSC07217.JPG

DSC07218.JPG

DSC07219.JPG

Edited by georgeT
  • Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6

• georgeT changed the title to GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) King Arthur N15 (MOK)

That looks nice George, a good choice of Loco and the best Tender.

Once again I had not been notified of your post from yesterday, but it told me of Ian's post earlier, so I have now un-followed and re-followed, and will see if that makes a difference.

Keep the pics coming.

1 minute ago, georgeT said:

Cheers Andy, l saw somewhere a photo of an arthur and it was paired with the larger tender with the air tanks on, the loco was a Urie one with the older ribbed roof which l love....

Build what you like mate, at the end of the day = Rule 1, and if someone wants to buy it, then even better.:good:

BTW, Post showed up o.k.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, ian@60 said:

Hi George it will be ether a MOK kit or a gladiator one i have not made up my mind yet which one will be most suitable for king arthur.

Ian

The MOK one is great apart from the instructions ?.

• Friendly/supportive 1

9 hours ago, Andrew P said:

So a Kit that is really just an aid to scratch building then George?

Spot on mate, the kit is great as everything fits as it should its just the vague instructions, (for me anyway) may be if l were a professional builder l would understand them more Hahahaha

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Guest Isambarduk
On 06/01/2021 at 23:20, Andrew P said:

So a Kit that is really just an aid to scratch building then

I thought that everbody treated kits this way, but perhaps it's just me ;-) 

Some kits are a great aid, some kits less so and some kits are absolutely no aid at all!

David

4 hours ago, Isambarduk said:

I thought that everbody treated kits this way, but perhaps it's just me ;-) 

Some kits are a great aid, some kits less so and some kits are absolutely no aid at all!

David

Hi David, Quite agree but l normally build the cheaper end kits, so l expect some difficult work, but you would think a kit that cost over £500 would at least have decent instructions.  

Edited by georgeT
  • Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• georgeT changed the title to GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) King Arthur N15
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Once again mate, your posts are not showing up as New Content so I'll need to look in here daily now. I have un followed, and then re followed but still no good.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks for that information Andy, having the same problem with a number of my 'followed topics' as well.  Apologies George.  Cheers, Peter

• Friendly/supportive 1