Class 350 'Desiro'

alibuchan

• 2 weeks later...

I have a plain grey 350 - 

1 - have found it difficult to remove the body to plug in a DCC decoder - does anyone have any tips?

2 - was thinking of getting it repainted into First TPE livery as per the units that run from Manchester to Scotland.  Any recommendations as to who would do a good job on such an item?

Thanks

I have a plain grey 350 - 

1 - have found it difficult to remove the body to plug in a DCC decoder - does anyone have any tips?

2 - was thinking of getting it repainted into First TPE livery as per the units that run from Manchester to Scotland.  Any recommendations as to who would do a good job on such an item?

Thanks

Hi David

I have just converted the LM version of this model, the coach bodies split from the chassis just below the sliding door line of the carrages. on the end cars I used thin pieces of plastic card about 0.5mm thick and started at the cab end, if you look carfully you can se a small gap by the drivers door. Slide the plastic in there and slide it along the side and it will unclip. Be carefull as you lift the body off there is a circuit board on pillars that has small finger on it that make contact with a board in the roof of the car for the lights, it is a snug fit you dont want to break the plasitic posts that the PCB is screwed to. The power car is a real pain, you really need 3 hands for this one, Hold the chassis and then pull on the body you should see a gap appear, it should be there long enough for you to get the plastic strip in. It took me about an hour and a half to do all three cars, but it is worth it once it's done great model and a smooth runner even at slow speeds.

Regards

Archived