Hull Model Railway Show: 10 & 11 November 2012

PLD

The last two hours before I was evicted at close of play, "Two Jags" was around the place when I was there, he seemed pretty impressed.

My first trip to Hull was in 1982 or 83 to see the Tralee & Dingle layout, am I right in thinking Barrowfleet was at that show as well? I've seen it so many times over the years but it still is as popular as ever.

Barrowfleet is now on its 21st Anniversary tour, first appearing in Hull in November 1991. Kerry Bridge, the 7mm scale NG layout based on the Tralee & Dingle was around in the 1980s, but lasted until 1994. You would not have seen them both together at one Show because they use the same operating teams, but might have seen them in Hull on consecutive years.

Mal

We were there showing Jenswell, our first layout and our first show as exhibitors.

We really didn't know what to expect, Jen was going to bring a book in case she got bored!

We operate from the front of the layout so we can talk to people.

Saturday was utterly exhausting, we were on our feet all day and constantly chatting with folk who came to look at the layout.

On Sunday we took it in turns, with one of us resting behind the layout or having a wander round while the other operated.

The show was a lot less busy on Sunday so much easier for us.

I was chatting with JP before I realised who he was.

He seemed interested in our layout, but mainly wanted to tell us about all the wonderful things he had done for the Railways!

The show overall was wonderful and I'm still high on excitement.

I'd like to do it again, Jen's not so sure.

:)

Jenswell was built as result of a challenge to build a layout from a trainset..

Now we've met the challenge and presented a successful layout, we are looking for something different next time.

With all the rush I didn't get any decent photos of Jenswell.

There were quite a few cameras about and some took photos of our layout.

If anyone has a decent photo showing the figures on the platform, particularly the family group, I would appreciate a copy.

Regards,

Chris (Black Hat) and Jennifer

JP being John Prescott. He was very interested in the layouts and talked in depth to many of the operators. Shame he had to use it as canvassing for votes to be Police and Crime commissioner.

We renamed his favourite Chinese restaurant for him - from Mr Chu's to Mr Choo Choo's.

Oh - and to Chris and Jenny - well done.

Archived