Name Plates for NetworkRail 57312 "Peter Henderson"

Pete Harvey

Guest jim s-w

Hi Pete

Perhaps you could use a bolder font if you do a re-run as the real thing is much bolder than you have it

peter henderson 57312

Cheers

Jim

Jim

I first had some test produced using a bolder font as you have said but my customer did not like them as they looked too heavy and asked me to have them produced as I have and is very happy with them.

And I assume that all who have had them off me are too.

Pete

Guest jim s-w

What are you saying Pete? You did them right, changed them so that they were wrong then sold them off without telling customers this?

A different approach i suppose, each to their own.

Heres an ideal opportunity for you though, why not ask those who want them if they want the existing ones or the correct ones (that you did first?) perhaps post a pic of the first version?

Jim

• RMweb Premium

What are you saying Pete? You did them right, changed them so that they were wrong then sold them off without telling customers this?

A different approach i suppose, each to their own.

I supplied some 16mm:ft plates for a K1-type Garratt with the 'K' of 'Nº K1' correctly dropped down under the outer characters. This was considered to be "wrong" as the loco is "K1 not 'Nº 1 K".

So if the customer know what they "want", you can't win!

In the end the customer is always right.

He was happy to let me sell on the name plates that were left after he had had what he wanted.

Everyone has there own standards for things and know one should judge what others are happy with.

Pete

In the end the customer is always right.

He was happy to let me sell on the name plates that were left after he had had what he wanted.

Everyone has there own standards for things and know one should judge what others are happy with.

Pete

I don't think you need to change them at all mate, from the pic they looks fine!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived