Heljan LNER Tango 2-8-0

mardle

12 hours ago, 34theletterbetweenB&D said:

But in 'confuse the customer mode' identified incorrectly as an O1, instead of (what is instantly recognisable to a GNR or LNER afficianado as) an O2.

If a model of probable combination of parts of two early Patrick Stirling GNR tenders is widely mis-advertised as a "Sturrock" tender, is it any surprise to find an O2 mis-described as an O1?

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, No Decorum said:

According to today’s Rails Roundup, the new batch is expected “sometime after Chinese New Year Q2 2024”.

'Sometime' being the significant word. The current disruption to container freight shipping due to events proximate to the Red Sea - Suez Canal - Mediterranean shipping route will be properly biting by then. One might hope that the recent experience of the Suez Canal constipation event will aid the forward planning to minimise disruption, but I wouldn't bank on that.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 1 month later...

An e-mail from Rails announced a “Heljan Takeover Day” at Rails HQ on Saturday, 13th. Amongst the latest samples the O2 figures. That’s good news and I hope to see pictures posted. I also hope to see a darker grey on the GNR version but no matter; whatever the shade, my pre-order stands.

Edited by No Decorum
Clarification that HQ is Rails HQ.
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On 04/02/2024 at 13:27, No Decorum said:

According to today’s Rails Roundup, the new batch is expected “sometime after Chinese New Year Q2 2024”.

Q3 now

• Informative/Useful 1

On 07/04/2024 at 13:53, No Decorum said:

An e-mail from Rails announced a “Heljan Takeover Day” at Rails HQ on Saturday, 13th. Amongst the latest samples the O2 figures. That’s good news and I hope to see pictures posted. I also hope to see a darker grey on the GNR version but no matter; whatever the shade, my pre-order stands.

Did anyone get a chance to go for a poke around RoS today and see the samples / chat with Ben from Heljan? Haven’t seen much on social media as yet. 

3 hours ago, dave75 said:

I didn't notice the 2-8-0, the Garrett looked very impressive .

No doubt the video they were filming will be along soon !

I did spot the GNR 2-8-0 in a video. It looked much the same; still very light in colour.