Haslington Models,Crewe.......

class"66"

It was really sad news for me and my family to hear that Les had passed away. I grew up in Haslington and live close by, with my parents still in the village. I remember the first time I went into the shop around 1995 or 1996 with one of my neighbours and his Dad, it was like an Aladdins cave! I would have been about 10 at the time, and over the following years my Dad and I or my Grandad and I would go in to get the things I needed for my layouts. He was always so friendly and helpful, a true gent. I made sure to buy my engines from him when he was able to get hold of them and did manage to take my own eldest son into the shop a couple of years back. It’s very sad that Les wasn’t able to have a longer retirement, but I am sure that running the shop wasn’t like work to him, I think he loved doing what he did. Best wishes to the family and Rest In Peace Les. 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 03/11/2021 at 01:21, saxokid said:

Thanks for posting up here D775 this is very sad news to here,les wil be very missed in railway theme..

he was real gent and looked after everyone who he met through railway community.. and his model shop in haslington..

Sorry to hear of Les's passing, he was one of the good ones! RIP Les.

• Agree 2