31-518DC East Midlands Trains Class 158 780

Sutton Junction

Bachmann announced earlier this year that they would be producing a Class 158 in EMT livery which if I remember reading right will be a better version than the previous model. Which leads me to a few questions...

- What aspects of the model have improved?

- Im presuming new tooling, a DCC ready plug, added weight and working front & rear lights?

- When is it set to be released?

This is one of the models im most looking forward to this year :)

Cheers,

Sutty :)

• RMweb Gold

There were a few issues with the original model as I recall. Although I have to say I always liked it.

The bogies are slightly misplaced on the original model so I guess this will be corrected.

The new model will obviously be DCC ready as you suggest.

I am sure the level of detail will increase as Bachmann models have improved greatly since the original 158.

We will just have to wait and see.

I suspect this will be an entirely new model, or at least 90% new. The chassis will have to be totally reworked, as with the lights etc etc, would guess that they might try and go without the privacy glass windows, the body, while not bad, is wrong etc etc...start again Hence the delay. Time to the 170 at the same time!! Then a 156....please!!!

I was looking more for an alternative than for a replacement of the original, something closer to the prototype than the red and yellow LED pairs.

Express Models as mentioned earlier - http://www.expressmodels.co.uk/acatalog/DCC_Special_Lighting_Units_for_156_or_158_Units_.html

Gives you the full 3 lights.

There might be a DC version as well under lightstore.

Archived