Dapol Class 121 and 122 in OO gauge

DapolDave

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, meatloaf said:

Check they arent in a plastic pouch down one end of the box

I'm sure I did check the whole box, but i've only found a small bag of pipes and details to add..... I'll check again.

Edited by Geep7

• RMweb Gold

Had another check of the box, and nope, nothing, nada etc..... Guess i'll have to improvise something...... Would 2 white blanks be appropriate?

6 hours ago, Geep7 said:

So bringing this thread back to life. I've just availed myself of a blue Class 122 in the Rails sale, you know, the one with the upside-down W pretending to be an M....

As it doesn't come with the decal sheet for the headcodes, and none seem to be available, has anyone made alternatives to this? I have thoughts to print off my own on normal printer paper, but would they block the light too much?

I've printed all my DMU destinations off on normal paper on my black and white laser - Seems fine to me light wise as shown in the photo.

W55000 121000 on Oldshaw

Admittedly the Dapol body is sitting on a Bachmann chassis but the light arrangement is pretty similar to Dapols arrangement - In these case I just added an SMD LED to Bachmann's circuit board. Also I cut out a bit of glazing to fit the destination blind so discarded the original. If you're after headcodes for an early 70s bubble then I created some in Inkscape, printed them off and then weathered them.

W55016 Class 122 P116 BR Blue

It took me an age to get ok looking fonts but I did find them quite fun to do.

Hope this helps

Will

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, dj_crisp said:

I've printed all my DMU destinations off on normal paper on my black and white laser - Seems fine to me light wise as shown in the photo.

W55000 121000 on Oldshaw

Admittedly the Dapol body is sitting on a Bachmann chassis but the light arrangement is pretty similar to Dapols arrangement - In these case I just added an SMD LED to Bachmann's circuit board. Also I cut out a bit of glazing to fit the destination blind so discarded the original. If you're after headcodes for an early 70s bubble then I created some in Inkscape, printed them off and then weathered them.

W55016 Class 122 P116 BR Blue

It took me an age to get ok looking fonts but I did find them quite fun to do.

Hope this helps

Will

Thanks, I'll give it a go then. I have some railway fonts on my PC which should be close enough.

I'm looking to renumber my 122 from 55003 to W55016 or W55018 as I know those 2 units operated on the Western Region in Devon and Cornwall....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Geep7 said:

Thanks, I'll give it a go then. I have some railway fonts on my PC which should be close enough.

I'm looking to renumber my 122 from 55003 to W55016 or W55018 as I know those 2 units operated on the Western Region in Devon and Cornwall....

Good stuff. I like your two choices! I really enjoyed having a crack at W55016