Glebe Road Junction.

hybridangel77

Hi Terry

To add a YouTube link, you yo to the video you want to share (in YouTube) and click on the 'Share' link underneath which will provide you with a shortened link to the video.

Then just paste it into the reply window. There was an issue at one time where it only worked from the full editor in RMWeb (available via the 'More Post Options' button) - not sure if this is still the case or not. You can check if it worked before doing the full post by clicking on the 'Preview Post' button

Drop me a private message if you're still stuck.

Phil

• Like 2

Hi mate

Thanks for putting my videos up on RMWEB, but how did you do it as i want to add some more?

terry

I just paste the full address out of the Internet explorer address bar into the post I'm doing and it appears as a video rather than a link.

so typing h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEjsuIrRXJ8  I've put a space in the https (h ttps://www......etc instead o https://www...... ) so it displays on this post otherwise it would display the video like below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEjsuIrRXJ8

HTH

Guy

Edited by Poindexter
  • Like 3

I just paste the full address out of the Internet explorer address bar into the post I'm doing and it appears as a video rather than a link.

so typing h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEjsuIrRXJ8  I've put a space in the https (h ttps://www......etc instead o https://www...... ) so it displays on this post otherwise it would display the video like below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEjsuIrRXJ8

HTH

Guy

Hi GUY

Thanks for adding my latest video onto RMWEB mate.What would i do with out you?

Im going to try and upload some photos today along with descriptions on what they are and what i am trying to achieve at Glebe Road Junction.

Terry

• Like 2

Looking good Terry, finally found the thread, will be following with interest! :)

cheers mate

i have taken a few photos today and im just going to try and upload them to this topic.

terry

Welcome to rmweb. I've been subscribed to your youtube for some time. Nice to see you here to.

thanks for subbing to me on youtube and now on rmweb too.

terry

• Like 2

I enjoyed the cab ride, I take it that you have insulated the whole area using the foil covered bubble wrap type material.

yes the whole loft is insulated with foil.a bit of an eye sore but just could not be bothered to plaster it all as well,lol.it took me long enough to 

just do the floor and insulation so i just wanted to get cracking with the layout.

cheers

terry

Hi

Cool videos and layout

Regards

Kal

thanks kal

• Like 1

BUILDING THE THIRD RAIL.

Ok so i started to fit the third rail chairs which are from peco. i started by drilling small holes into every fifth sleeper ready to fit the chairs 

which takes for ever to remove from the sprue i might add.

I did pre color some of the chairs but found the paint came off when trying to fit them in place so carried on with out further painting 

and have decided to paint once the rail was in place.

The first piece of rail head which are again from peco and are a code 60 rail was then fitted with the chairs then the chairs were then glued in 

place but again i found that very fiddly and annoying.

so i opted to glue the chairs in place first using super glue and then left it for 24 hours to dry.

The next day i then just slid the code 60 rail through the chairs which i found a lot easier to do that the first method.

post-17682-0-66641600-1358706629.jpg

post-17682-0-09029100-1358706642.jpg

• Like 10

THIRD RAIL

After hours and hours of boring and very fiddly third rail fitting, the first section is now complete and all that needs 

to be done now is the painting of the chairs and rail which i will do using the same method as the rest of the track on the layout 

by using sleeper grime with an airbrush.

Even tho this is a pain in the arse job the im very pleased with how it looks and hope you all think the same.

post-17682-0-77616400-1358707812.jpg

post-17682-0-02938300-1358707841.jpg

post-17682-0-53018100-1358707846.jpg

• Like 12

Very well done Terry,

from what you said on your layout update it was a pain in the backside, it really does look fantastic though now finished!

Don't think you will put London underground services in as that would mean 4th rail, that would be torture!!

Thanks,

Tom

• Like 1

Hi Terry

Like a number if others I have been subscribed to you're YouTube channel for a while. I've quite enjoyed your honesty when it comes to getting something wrong and so completely redoing it.

Simon

hi simon

lol yeah you got to be honest in this hobby as we are all learning everyday.i do know a fair bit about this hobby but i still learn something new everyday.

im honest about what i do as i know others learn from me as well so i would not want them to get it wrong as well.

terry

Very well done Terry,

from what you said on your layout update it was a pain in the backside, it really does look fantastic though now finished!

Don't think you will put London underground services in as that would mean 4th rail, that would be torture!!

Thanks,

Tom

lol yeah no way am i adding underground and 4th rail.i have only done around a meters worth of 3rd rail and already have a huge headache from it.

but i do agree that it looks good when done.it will look even better once i have weathered it hopefully.

terry 

lol yeah no way am i adding underground and 4th rail.i have only done around a meters worth of 3rd rail and already have a huge headache from it.

but i do agree that it looks good when done.it will look even better once i have weathered it hopefully.

terry 

I Wa thinking about doing third rail on the new layout but now I doubt it now! Had a rubbish idea, how about take a razor saw to the code 60 3rd rail track and cut the sleepers off right upto the rail, (and on the other side) and then you wouldn't have to slide them in the rail chairs, only easier option I can think of, see what I mean by rubbish idea! Anyway, do you have any 3rd rail stock?

• Like 1

I Wa thinking about doing third rail on the new layout but now I doubt it now! Had a rubbish idea, how about take a razor saw to the code 60 3rd rail track and cut the sleepers off right upto the rail, (and on the other side) and then you wouldn't have to slide them in the rail chairs, only easier option I can think of, see what I mean by rubbish idea! Anyway, do you have any 3rd rail stock?

there is no easy method to fitting 3rd rail.i use to own some third rail stock but got rid of them.i know want to got some more now i have third rail.

• Like 2

there is no easy method to fitting 3rd rail.i use to own some third rail stock but got rid of them.i know want to got some more now i have third rail.

You could have a go at building an electrostar like James Makin, (he has 2 now!) You can buy resin cabs from him on eBay...

So, 4veps coming to Glebe road then, will be great when done...

Thinking about it a class 450 would be a straight forward conversion?

• Like 1