N Gauge Corridor Connections

• RMweb Premium

Does anyone know if corridor connections are available for mk1/mk2 coaches in N? I've still got a few black paper ones I bought from Ebay 3 to 4 years ago, but I have nowhere near enough and the seller has long since disappeared!

The paper ones are ok but if anyone knows of any improved replacements I would be very grateful - oh, and yes, I have tried making my own but just don't have the dexterity to make a decent enough job of it!

Also, if anyone has any they have found successful with close-couplings or mixed long/short couplings can you please let me know as I'm playing around with these variations at the moment...

Many Thanks

David

• RMweb Premium

No-one as yet...?!

Hmmm...maybe a niche market for a cottage industry somewhere then...?!

Seriously, any thoughts/advice/offers of help much appreciated!!

Thanks

David

I did wonder if they could be made from kitchen sponge soaked in black paint or ink.  The sort attached to a scourer would seem to be fine enough.  I haven't got around to testing the idea, but perhaps you could investigate?

• RMweb Premium

I did wonder if they could be made from kitchen sponge soaked in black paint or ink.  The sort attached to a scourer would seem to be fine enough.  I haven't got around to testing the idea, but perhaps you could investigate?

Worth a try, thanks for that!  I'm just amazed other N gaugers haven't created the demand for them before...!

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I take it you're referring to the Poole and early China coaches rather than the current Blue Riband mark 1s and forthcoming mark 2s. These are so much better that I'd seriously consider updating your stock; close-coupling is then easy with NEMs and corridors are then close enough not to need further work. Food for thought.

Does anyone know if corridor connections are available for mk1/mk2 coaches in N? I've still got a few black paper ones I bought from Ebay 3 to 4 years ago, but I have nowhere near enough and the seller has long since disappeared!

The paper ones are ok but if anyone knows of any improved replacements I would be very grateful - oh, and yes, I have tried making my own but just don't have the dexterity to make a decent enough job of it!

Also, if anyone has any they have found successful with close-couplings or mixed long/short couplings can you please let me know as I'm playing around with these variations at the moment...

Many Thanks

David

• RMweb Gold

I have tried dark grey foam that comes out of rolling stock boxes that have foam trays (cant remember the name of the trader) in my Farish Chiltern DMu's.

However, I id find that it tended to push the coaches off the 11.5" fiddleyard curves, so now considering other methods such as black cartridge paper.

Ian

• 2 years later...

Archived