Sandwich & Ashford Model Railway - Running Session Videos

Great work! I'm tempted to try something similar.

Ed

Sounds great the more people that attempt the conversion the better before a ready-to-run model is produced! James Makin provides the superb cab ends for the conversion and the original scratchbuild of electrostars was by him here..... http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/44066-wells-green-tmd-hsts-377-electrostars-even-more-dirty-fun/

In the meantime the video below shows my southeastern electrostar running on my layout and describes the changes since the first video back in July last year!!

Cheers and enjoy!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Nice one Matt, well done,.....................

a 3 set, nice doors............attachicon.gifP1080823(1).JPG

Phwoar look at the doors on that!

Nice colour...something I've just noticed in the photo, on that batch of Electrostars (different to my Central Division jobbies) is the roof vents just there, interesting!

I also thought about adding the roof welding seam lines on the vehicles, ended up being too fiddly to replicate tidily with styrene strip but that's something for the patient modellers!

Nice colour...something I've just noticed in the photo, on that batch of Electrostars (different to my Central Division jobbies) is the roof vents just there, interesting!

I also thought about adding the roof welding seam lines on the vehicles, ended up being too fiddly to replicate tidily with styrene strip but that's something for the patient modellers!

Here is also 375304

post-18424-0-14928800-1396209047_thumb.jpg

Good point well spotted James and yes leaving the really finer details to the committed modellers!

I have to say with it being white on white it is difficult to notice from a distance tbh.

Edited by Sandwich&AshfordMR
  • Like 2

the patient modellers!

Sorry, only do Hospitals'............By Appointment only............

to the committed modellers!

Still awaiting, an appointment................to page 1. there appear's to be a Q.

Some roof pic's...........

PrioryStationDover067.jpg

PrioryStationDover064.jpg

PrioryStationDover063.jpg

DoverPrioryStation5812168.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have finished University!!!

This means plenty of time to get things moving again on the layout. Plans are to continue with the signalling, re-decoder the points and finish the Electrostar project. All developments will be frequently blogged and a much needed website update will also take place over the next few months.

Below is the May Update for the layout, not much progress but some quick fixes and plans for the layout are within the video.

• Like 3

Went to the DEMU show at Burton today and picked up a network rail 50ft BG Parcels van enginers yellow modelzone exclusive and a 'less Co2 rail' oxford diecast container. Pictures to follow soon.

Recently, as seen in the may layout update video, I have been transforming the Roco IHA wagons in HO gauge to the British versions. The Roco wagons were in bright red Railion livery which will be converted to the brown weathered like wagons used on the British network. The pictures show below what I aim to achieve.

post-18424-0-88305300-1401559353.jpg

post-18424-0-51651200-1401559378.jpg

• Like 3

The IHA Wagons have received their new colour and the original livery removed. The wheels were removed and the bogies taken out also so that they are sprayed individually to avoid the bogies sticking to the main wagon chassis.

The bogies have been sprayed into a slightly darker brown than the main wagon body to give a more weathered effect on them.

At this stage they do look like chocolate boxes and will be weathered further and detailed.

• Like 2