Looking Impressive - Very nice.

Cheers, Bob.

Looking great

David

Love the last picture, quality traction..  

Unfortunately where I am the Internet isn't great so I can't see the pictures but it is sounding vet good...

Nestor

Looking good nice job on the lift up section

Love the 128, that livery does suit them :sungum:

Tempted......... Tempted....... :nono: :nono:

Maybe next month!!!!!! :angel:

Coming on great, I like the 20's and 47 stabled together :declare:

Jinty ;-)

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm having some building work done in Sept/Oct but I intend having another get together once the work is finished and the house is back to Mrs Barnes liking. I'm really pleased at how the layout is now running as the little niggles kept spoiling the fun of running trains. I can't thank Ian enough as it's his helpful suggestions on the trap door and on the gradient that prompted me to look long and hard at fixing these issues.

Even Mrs Barnes likes the new look as she spent 15 happy minutes yesterday watching the trains running round and taking some lovely pictures on her fancy camera (pictures too follow soon).

Simon

• Like 2

Taken the time to paint some DCE wagons I've had sitting around so I can expand the range of trains passing through Pendeford Sidings. Firstly 3 Bachmann 16 tonners given to me by a friend as surplus to his requirements have been transformed into ZHVs

15047639216_4ad90a1164_h.jpg3 ZHVs by bescotbeast, on Flickr

14904944080_cd09c6b610_h.jpgPainting finished by bescotbeast, on Flickr

And I've had a Limby Crane pottering about which I've now given it's own Bolster C jib runner and Hornby Stanier brake

14885737918_9ac9e322b6_h.jpgBescot DCE trip by bescotbeast, on Flickr

15091589265_7cb80b6df5_h.jpgCrane and runner wagons by bescotbeast, on Flickr

86504 finally has some wire loops so that it can haul trains

15069306141_afb039793f_h.jpg86504 Speedlink by bescotbeast, on Flickr

• Like 9

For political reasons I won't say that the wife's photos are better... :sungum:

Nestor (brave of Brighton)

Tactfully put Nestor and I couldn't have put it better (she has got a better camera than me though  :scratchhead: )

Simon

• Like 1

Certainly is Terry, it was done along with 86504 by Lee of Lees Locos http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/64736-my-detailingrepainting-projects/ 

Yeah the 86 looks fab too.....Hmmmm you have got my brain ticking now.....I want to get another 86 and have it sprayed in the same livery. How much did it cost you to get the 86 done if you don't mind me asking?

Terry

Right another update, the Cement siding idea has been scrapped and this has now become Pendeford DCE Tip and has been extended by about 3 wagon lengths to accommodate longer trains of spoil laden wagons

15177044655_af42290181_h.jpgPendeford DCE tip by bescotbeast, on Flickr

The revamped incline has been landscaped with some plaster and painted brown 

15154014736_9a9c3b301c_h.jpgbank added by bescotbeast, on Flickr

14990292349_e6aaced518_h.jpgbank added and painted by bescotbeast, on Flickr

I've been busy painting some wagons to populate my new DCE siding

15154015926_3415afca2e_h.jpgB/Van and ZHV wagons by bescotbeast, on Flickr

15177045575_f923adc2f5_h.jpgShark Ballast plough by bescotbeast, on Flickr

• Like 9

Hi Simon,

I take it you know about this site: http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/paulbartlettsrailwaywagons

I've found loads of interesting examples off there, like a 21t HTO hopper wagon that I modelled as an ED one!!! :paint:

You have a wonderful selection of wagons there already, I want one of those 'Dutch' Shark brakes too :scratchhead:

Jinty ;-)

Hi Simon,

I take it you know about this site: http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/paulbartlettsrailwaywagons

I've found loads of interesting examples off there, like a 21t HTO hopper wagon that I modelled as an ED one!!! :paint:

You have a wonderful selection of wagons there already, I want one of those 'Dutch' Shark brakes too :scratchhead:

Jinty ;-)

Cheers Jinty I've already got this in my favorites for reference, I've also got a friend who's spot on with wagon info from his time working for BR.

Simon

• Like 1

Hi Simon, 

Latest wagons are looking good, I have a few ZHVs made up from old Airfix and Parkside kits. it was a real pain making up the data panels. I have an old Stanier brake myself and was thinking of repainting it, yours looks really good. The shark looks good too, I have transfers somewhere if you need some.

Cheers Peter. 

• Like 1

Hi Simon, 

Latest wagons are looking good, I have a few ZHVs made up from old Airfix and Parkside kits. it was a real pain making up the data panels. I have an old Stanier brake myself and was thinking of repainting it, yours looks really good. The shark looks good too, I have transfers somewhere if you need some.

Cheers Peter. 

I would like some more ZHVs to make a full train up and I'll probably go the Parkside route for cheapness and variety. The wagons and brakevans were donated to me by a good friend of mine from Flickr who is a mine of information regarding wagons etc. Painting wise all I've done is applied a coat of Halfords Grey primer then bought some aerosol cans of Railmatch u/frame grime and Rail grey, the yellow bands are hand painted, I'm pleased with the end results. If you've got some Shark transfers let me know what you want for them and I'll gladly use them.

Simon

Hi Simon,

The 16t minerals are a minefield but from memory most ZHVs were the later built ones with top door removed and clasp brakes, I am sure your mate will be able to help you choose the correct Parkside kits as they do a few different ones.

You can have the transfers, people have given me stuff over the years so no problem, they will be wasted here as I don't need them. They are Modelmaster waterslide ones so you need to cut round the edge. I have ZUV and ZUB which i think is air braked vac piped, you can have both just in case you get another Shark.  I will also send the Shark name plus other bits. 

PM me your address and I will post them of to you.

Cheers Peter.

My skinhead Class 31 which I've had for a while now and which has caused much head scratching on my part as too what to do with it finally has it's identity. My original intention was to respray it into plain Railfreight Grey as 31102 "Cricklewood" but with major building work taking place on our house I've had to trim my modelling budget right back so out came my 1988 ABC to find a loco that could fit the bill. 31107 fits the bill perfectly, it's in the right livery and was part of Bescots DCMA pool so I'll be able to use it on my Spoil trains.

15174819986_eabfa809ce_h.jpgFirst day on the job by bescotbeast, on Flickr

15194634721_20f61668e9_h.jpg31107 by bescotbeast, on Flickr

• Like 5