Hi Simon,

My only advice would be to get stuck in!!!! If you haven't got the unit yet, ensure that you get the correct power source for it.

It's quite easy, and there are a couple of tutorials on the JMRI site, as well as help on here.

Jinty ;-)

Thanks Jinty, once payday comes back round I'll get one as I miss having my 85 running on the layout and I was hoping to use the 31 on DCE trips.

The other thing to do, is follow the instructions for installation on your PC, as you have to match the correct port for the Sprog to work correctly. Well you do on Win7 anyway.

Nice bit of kit though, I set light brightness and alter function buttons around with so much ease, which would take ages via CV's

Jinty ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Right SPROG2 ordered so I should hopefully have the Class 85 back in traffic shortly, one new addition to the fleet is a Class 87 87101 bought from the Classifieds off Cambo74, he also kindly sold me 87005 so I'll have plenty of variety for the Speedlink power controller to play with. 

15738460751_b2938232a9_b.jpg87101 by bescotbeast, on Flickr

As it's a pancake motor she struggles pulling 6 coaches up my gradients so she'll be diagrammed for freight workings only.

15129538653_b2c49c90f0_b.jpg47487 further work by bescotbeast, on Flickr

47487 hasn't been forgotten she's now got all her transfers applied and will be heavily weathered over the coming weeks. What is holding me up is a lack of battery boxes and buffers, Howes are out of stock and I've not seen anything come up on theifbay for the last two months. If anybody has any spare battery boxes and buffers for a Heljan 47 they'd like to part with then PM me.

15128984824_bd0d48e3a0_b.jpgGRAMPUS ZBO by bescotbeast, on Flickr

Transfers also applied to my two Grampus wagons.

Hope you enjoy my update  :sungum:

Simon

Edited by bescotbeast
  • Like 9

Nice sparkys :imsohappy:

But there will have to be a loco change to get the speedlinks to Wrexbury, unless you just take a good run at it :sarcastichand:

Nice work Simon

JInty ;-)

Ha ha :jester:  It's all planned for, we've got a really long extension lead Jinty  :scared: coming to Wrexbury soon a sparky hauled Speedlink service :locomotive:

• Like 1

Hi Simon,

I like those Grampus, nice job. I bought a Lima class 87 a few months back for $40.00 it's a pretty good model, I think I will try and remotor it at some point though.

Cheers Peter. 

• Like 1

Hi Simon,

How are you finding the Sprog?

Jinty;-)

Took me a while to get it working Jinty but that was mainly from me not bothering to read the instructions. I've now got most of my locos re-coded using it but my 4 Heljan items of stock don't like SPROG and won't respond to the throttle once I've changed the decoder address also my cheap Hattons decoders aren't on the decoder list at present

Took me a while to get it working Jinty but that was mainly from me not bothering to read the instructions. I've now got most of my locos re-coded using it but my 4 Heljan items of stock don't like SPROG and won't respond to the throttle once I've changed the decoder address also my cheap Hattons decoders aren't on the decoder list at present

Hi Simon,

What decoders have you got in the Heljan locos? I've found all my locos work with the Sprog. I'm pretty certain Hattons decoders come under the DCC Concepts banner so you could manually select, I could be wrong but I fitted a couple to a friends locos and they were marked up DCC Concepts, but Hattons outer packaging.

Jinty ;-)

The Sprog should only recognise the decoders, the fact that the locos are Heljan shouldn't come into it.

Seems very strange, I have a Heljan 47 and a Heljan 26, both with DCC Concepts decoders and they work perfectly with the Sprog!!!!

Jinty ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

Well with the passage of time I've another update to post, I've sold a few railway nick nacks on Ebay recently which has allowed me to purchase some more yard lights as well as Bachmann's new low relief LMR P.S.B. (looks like Walsall to me and Mr Wiles) 

Anyway time for some poor quality images 

15919884526_a491527055_b.jpgBachmann PSB in place by bescotbeast, on Flickr

15943729171_5b70482c69_b.jpgLMR AC action by bescotbeast, on Flickr

15945694485_e01b06fea5_b.jpgLet their be light by bescotbeast, on Flickr

15326055613_6c20526424_b.jpgLet their be light 2 by bescotbeast, on Flickr

Edited by bescotbeast
  • Like 15

Liking the maps etc, keep up the good work...... when do the wires go up!

Regards Jeff

Thanks for kind words Jeff, always helps to keep me motivated. Anyway had a chance for a Night shift at Pendeford and the new yard lights have really made a difference to the layout whether it's daytime or evening time.

I hope nobody minds some more pictures.

15761638149_3c7c91f40b_b.jpgNight shift at Pendeford by bescotbeast, on Flickr

15760248278_97f56d4842_b.jpgClass 85 at Night by bescotbeast, on Flickr

15945714271_cee4efd3b1_b.jpgAlong the yard by bescotbeast, on Flickr

15947005292_b29b150dc2_b.jpgNight time Interfrigo by bescotbeast, on Flickr

• Like 16

Simon, i actually meant the lamps lol, like the night shots.

Regards Jeff

Not to worry Jeff I hadn't noticed the spelling mistake  :no: , the yard lamps and lighting towers are from CR Signals (no connection just a satisfied customer) and look the part for me and throw out some light as you can see from the pictures. I'm hoping once finances permit to obtain 3 more lighting towers, one more for the wharf, one for Pendeford sdgs by the TOPS office and one for the chemical works.

Simon

• Like 2