08-16 Kit

Bright isn't it, and the box is also the large enough to hold the model when its finished.

Jonathan

Was more the total sum! than the colour but yeah useful to be able to keep things in the bought box as the build goes on!

Jonathan, I congrtaulate you its a great piece of engineeering and modelling.

Ian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Posted the first few kits today - unsurpriingly Royal mail have put up their prices and whats shocking is that it costs the same to send one of my kits to New Zealand as it does to send it special delivery for Saturday a delivery.

Jonathan

Finally managed to send the email, first of all hotmail wouldnt let me write any replies, then it wouldnt let me attach the scan, but today (14th) it finally let me do everything!

The kit will have to wait a while as we are in the middle of packing up getting ready for a house move, its amazing how much stuff you save 'just in case'!

Edited by royaloak

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Please would you do a 70's vintage 07-16 for us SR boys / 07-32 for the rest ? ...................I mean that Bachmann HO ex-Lilliput effort :O nearly as bad as the unfitted 4-shoe MSV stone wagon    :no:

Edited by Southernman46

Please would you do a 70's vintage 07-16 for us SR boys / 07-32 for the rest ? ...................I mean that Bachmann HO ex-Lilliput effort :O nearly as bad as the unfitted 4-shoe MSV stone wagon    :no:

Britannia Pacific already produce a model of the 07-16.  It used to be available as a kit (and possibly still is), but the link below is to the ready to run version.

http://www.britanniapacific.co.uk/TAMPER.htm

Britannia Pacific already produce a model of the 07-16.  It used to be available as a kit (and possibly still is), but the link below is to the ready to run version.

http://www.britanniapacific.co.uk/TAMPER.htm

There's one for sale on ebay at moment, £250, not much off despite there being some condition issues.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/plasser-tamper-73xxx-REALLY-RARE-/301321343206?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item462826d0e6

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm not sure I see the problem? I don't think Jonathan is supplying them RTR which means someone has built and painted it (by the looks of things quite well, and the price reflects the amount of work that went in.

A bargain for those without the skill or inclination to do it themselves.

Jon

Jonathan would have got the money he asks for the kit and once youve bought the kit its upto you what you wish to do with it and as has already been said the price reflects the time spent building and painting the kit. If you check out the April BRM they have built this kit and in the article it says it takes around 50 hours just to build then you need to paint it, which will take longer the more complicated the liveryyou choose.

Unfortunatley all this dosnt make for a budget price so most of us will just have to keep saving and buy the kit, however once you have the kit you have hours of fun building it and if you do a good job a real sence of achievement.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...