'Grundy Street' (Revisited)

georgeT

Morning Lightengine, l have tried to find some but can't put my hand on them just yet, but if you look through the 'Abbot's Mead'  threads they are on there, also on 'Trebudoc'  too, hope you find them and they are some use to you,  me and 'Bodgit' will be doing some more videos in the future.

GeorgeT

Hi George, I think you could get GS up to Exhibition Standard with just a couple of minor tweeks, nothing major and it would be as good as any small O Gauge layout that we have seen at shows over the years.

If you were to exhibit it Mike and I would come and help at Shows providing we could have a night out like we did last time we did a show up your way, (nudge nudge wink wink you know what I mean).

I do enjoy exhibiting my layouts but it is hard work and I am always knakkered on a Monday, and as your nearly as OLD as me I know you would be the same, hahahaha.

We will have a chat Sunday night and catch up again later.

Bodge :sungum:

Thanks 'Bodgit' for the offer of help from yourself and Mike, that would be great, l will get myself in gear and get it finished for next year, and get some outings booked near you, would be a first for me ? will talk sunday night, have a great weekend at the show.

GeorgeT

Hello Don,  Hope your happy in your new home?  what l have decided to do with my 'test track layout', is to make an exhibition layout, (Thanks to Bodgit pestering me to do it hahaha) so l will make some sort of Mill / factory in front of the fiddle yard, which will be on a extension with the two tracks being extended too, and the other end will also have an extension added which will have a small coal yard and a pit with water and coal facilities for the locos, but not a shed.

George

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for your thoughts George. Not properly in yet as we have packed all the furniture into one room or the garage and removed all the kitchen units ready for the builders. The loft room will be rebuilt with new joist etc plus roof lights and insulation. The new stairs will go into the old kitchen so the new kitchen will be elsewhere together with other changes so we will be in the motorhome for a while. Will be worth it though I get a 23ftx9ft loft room for Trains. Might not be any money left to buy more but I have quite a few kits stashed by.

Don

Morning Don,   23' x 9' what l could do with that, you could have a really nice layout in 7mm with all that space, have you any plans yet ? l bet theres hundreds of ideas running through your head at the moment ?

George..

Morning Don,   23' x 9' what l could do with that, you could have a really nice layout in 7mm with all that space, have you any plans yet ? l bet theres hundreds of ideas running through your head at the moment ?

George..

More to the point George, WHAT COULD I DO WITH THAT IN OO? :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Bodge :sungum:

What we all could do with that amount of space ?, The bridge on GS was making the buildings look small so l have decided to add more height to the buildings, and things look a bit better, looking to put the mill / Factory in front of the fiddle yard with some sort of loading dock with a canopy to add more interest to GS, looking at loads of photos to get some inspiration..

Afternoon George, looking at real pics is the key to a successful layout, Just look at Al's Jason's and Jeff's, to name but three that work from REAL STRUCTURES for scale, shape and believability.

Bodgit :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

As usual Bodgit is right look at photos for inspiration. I never answer your question about my plans. I have been planning the same basic layout for some time. A passing station down one side inspired by Dolgelly (now Dolgellau). In Cambrian days all trains either terminated or changed engines. So I could run a train round a few laps take the Cambrian loco off and put a GWR one on. I will need some sort of fy on the other side but possibly may put in a terminus. I am hoping to get a simple open atmosphere. I will start a thread sometime and be grateful for comments.

Don

Morning Don,  l think we all have plans in our heads, dreaming of the day we will build whatever, l guess thats what keeps us going, l had a 20' x 10' loft when l lived in Gosport, fitted carpet the lot, spent a fortune on the supports for the layout and the plywood tops, l then built the layout l'd been dreaming about for year's, all modern image '00' l could have four trains running round as l did my modelling at my bench, even built a spray booth, 'Young Bodgit' would visit and we would have a weathering hour doing all of our stock it was great, then we moved to Manchester all my hard work and dreams gone. it took me about four year's to get back into the hobby, as l sold everything after the move, and thats when me and 'Bodgit' started our adventure in 'O gauge..(really looking forward to your build whatever it is)

George

Wanted to glaze one of the goods warehouses on 'GSG', so l worked out how much window frames would cost in plastic / brass (Too much) so it was out with the bow-pen and some scrap clear plasticard, job done, they are by no means perfect, but as they will have a heavy weathering they will do..

post-7716-0-80807500-1380697262_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-89198600-1380697267_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-28282400-1380697273_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

I cannot see anything to fault with those windows George. Sad to lose that big layout, but somehow you strike me as a builder of models so you would probably have started again anyway.

Don

Archived