'Grundy Street' (Revisited)

georgeT

At last the awful blue is looking better, might do some lining before matt varnish and weathering..

I like the Blue mate.

I recon a set of Red nameplates, (Lady Catherine) on the sides will look good as well.

Bodgit :sungum:

Guild Plates will do them in Brass, You could also make have a cabside number with her year of birth like a GW type No plate but in Red and Brass. You will have a nice Red background and Brass effect lettering, it will look good and Her Ladyship will love it, and it will be unique. Doug at the Club did his O Gauge Hunslet the same with his wifes name.

Chat later,

Bodge :sungum:

Hello Bodger, l will call the next small tank 'Catherine' as l have mucked this one up a bit, when l did the lining l always use a bowpen with enamel paint, l did one side and l was pleased, but l made a mistake with the lining on the other side so dipped a cotton bud in the thinners to wipe away the mistake and took all the paint off which was Acrylic so a re-think was on the cards do l strip her down and start again, no ?  l was going to give her a good heavy weathering anyway, so hopefully that will hide the error, live and learn..

George

post-7716-0-00489600-1383242741_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-49470200-1383242745_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-94185600-1383242749_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Some useful advice given to me was when something goes wrong wait for a bit before doing anything rash it may not be as bad as you think. Sounds like this was a good example.

Don

• RMweb Gold

Hi George, just catching up on your thread.

The little loco looks lovely, a shame about your misadventure with the thinners, but as Bodgit says, some mucky weathering should help.

I'm amazed at the way you've managed to extend your buildings - if it wasn't for the colour change I couldn't have seen the join!

The embankment idea sounds good too.

Good stuff mate!

Al.

Morning Al,  Thanks for the kind words, l think the little tank shunter look a lot better with all the grime on looks like shes been working hard for a long time.

With the DAZ clay l just added another 55mm and formed it flat to marry up with the rest, then scribed more brick on, totally freelance but its good enough for me.

l know its a bit late in the day for your model, but l think if you had used DAS you could have copied the pictures and not have to make do with plasticard, plus it would have been much easier to paint, anyway you are making a good job of it so l will shut up, hahaha

George

post-7716-0-57792900-1383899283_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-40236400-1383899287_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-32789800-1383899291_thumb.jpg

Hello Jason / Don, Nice to hear from you again, and thanks for the kind comments, the blue paint job was far to bright for me, l bought the can from the local pound shop and just sprayed it on, lovely finish, but awfully bright, l think she looks a lot better now shes covered in dirt and grime..

George.

Hello Duncan, Nice to hear from you, thanks for your kind comments on the loco, and yes she does look much better, been a bit slow on GSG lately, but getting there slowly, missing 'Baron Bodgit's' input, but he will be back soon.

George.

George I'm back at long last, and seeing what a cracking job you made of the little shunter is amazing mate.

The extra bit of walling is good too and will look the biz.

A question for you; what the heck are hose dangerous looking cans of Butane Propane Mix Gas used for? :O :o :O

Bodgit :sungum:

Hello Bodgit, Hope you had a good break, and yes l don't know why l have the gas cans were in my work box, they are left over from some plumbing job l was doing about three years ago, have since thrown them away. Been doing lots of work on GSG like ballasting the extra track and making a bank along the front of the building, all takes time hope to put more pictures of the work on later...

George..

Archived