Hornby GWR Hall

Bulwell Hall

I keep tuning into this thread in the hope of seeing images, as i am confused by remarks and a peep on the Hornby website. Is it the Hall with a fictional Maroon BR livery?

It's the Hall in Hogwarts, Harry Potter maroon livery but with Olton Hall name and number and 'Great/crest/ Western on the tender to gets round licensing issues with the 'Hogwarts Railways' logo. So, yes, its a fictitious livery that the real loco has never actually carried, even in preservation. Can't post pics here but there's a bunch of superb images in my review in Model Rail. (Pub next Thursday).

CHRIS LEIGH

• RMweb Premium

Here are a few pics. Sorry if some are a little fuzzy, i need a new camera lol. So all in have done is to add etched nameplates, numberplates and hearboard, and to add lining transfers to the tender and cabsides. Still plenty to do yet.

post-7482-0-53450500-1423345915.jpg

post-7482-0-92773000-1423345954.jpg

post-7482-0-94321800-1423345955.jpg

post-7482-0-08276200-1423345957.jpg

post-7482-0-85983200-1423345957.jpg

post-7482-0-62027100-1423345958.jpg

Here is a Link to watch a quick video on youtube.

A better more in depth video will be done shortly

I'm amazed at the sound quality - far better than I had expected.

As someone who had PFM analogue sound in the 1990s I have never been happy with dcc STEAM sound (diesel is fine) but this Hornby sound has impressed me. 

• RMweb Gold

Warning: This loco carries clever design livery and is unsuitable for those of a nervous disposition...... However, some bits of wire and a respray in plain green could make it look luverley....

It's still in it's red oxide primer lol!!

My question is did they ever wear plain black in BR ownership?

• RMweb Premium

I'm amazed at the sound quality - far better than I had expected.

As someone who had PFM analogue sound in the 1990s I have never been happy with dcc STEAM sound (diesel is fine) but this Hornby sound has impressed me.

This isnt Hornby Sound. This is ESU with a Loksound V4 decoder, fitted by Hattons

• RMweb Premium

Any pictures inside the cab area?

Cheers Neil

I'll try when I get home to get a few pics of inside the cab. The regulator is seperately fitted but none of the interior is painted. It has the small wooden seats moulded onto the side window mouldings but these are unpainted.

• RMweb Premium

Any more pictures anyone? Of cab area? Or of pitchford hall?

Cheers Neil

Unfortunately my cameRa is not new enough to get a good clear shot of the cab area, it is too fuzzy. Hopefully someone has a Pitchford hall they can post though.

Archived