oakwood lane

Adamphillip

This layout is a make believe mainline station in the late 80's to current, it is a dogbone n gauge layout that seen the exhibition circuit many years ago and has only just been named by its new owner (myself) and is now set somewhere in the bodmin area. more to follow.

Edited by Adamphillip

pics 

the workmen are hard at work clearing debris from the freight siding:

post-18156-0-93570200-1381158756_thumb.jpg

some road signs are in place but no police to enforce them as you can see:

post-18156-0-63554900-1381158773_thumb.jpg

the phones ringing in the box behind the station:

post-18156-0-81471700-1381158799_thumb.jpg

lines clear:

post-18156-0-36815700-1381158786_thumb.jpg

cows on the hill:

post-18156-0-06355100-1381158819_thumb.jpg

Edited by Adamphillip
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A really late reply, but in reference to a cheap forest, I saw a layout here in the States that had a heavily wooded scene and they had used cheap synthetic sponges cut/torn to a rough shape, painted and then covered with woodlands scenic scatters............very convincing if viewed from 3 feet

Forgot to add that they had placed just a few "proper" trees at the front of the wooded section

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Adam,

Let your modelling do the talking and enjoy it first and foremost, ;)

At this stage it doesn't really matter what region or era it's set in.  You've obviously got a knack for scenery from what I've seen of your layout so carry on as you are.

Learn from more experienced modellers on here or in magazines.  We all make mistakes and have too learn the hard way sometimes. If you do make a mistake put it down to experience.

Try to get the lighting on your photography as best you can too. Using additional lights may help. N Gauge is difficult to photograph as well which doesn't help matters.  Rest your camera on a chair, stool or box to try and keep it steady.  Commentary isn't always necessary either if you do a video.  Try and concentrate on quality and and use the photo editor on here to crop and brighten shots etc,  Remember your pictures are the shop front to your layout  If you're not sure how to do this Andy will be able to help as will others.  He helped me.

Like I said in the beginning you've obviously developing some good modelling skills-learn as you go as most of us have on here whatever age and enjoy the creative side of hobby.  

Once you do the rest will come :)

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by 46444

doesn't really help that I've got only 1 loco but I plan on holding a running session with some others if anyones interested, I like meeting people face to face and talking to them 

wish I had all my OO stock in N as well as OO

(PS anyone who want to come has to be reasonably fit and can sit on the floor without a problem)

Edited by Adamphillip

• RMweb Premium

Just seen your status update Adam.

We used berry sprigs from bamboo plants, dried tree roots and even the stems from bunches of grapes. These were dried and given a well thinned application of woodland scenics poly-fiber  then sprayed brown/ grey. Hit this with spray glue and sprinkle with scatters! Best to make 6 or 7 at once and stick them in a scrap of foam board or something.

If you want to recreate a certain area get a few photos together of that area which you like and model that. 

Poly fiber with yellow scatter makes wonderful gorse.  

regards Sasquatch.

• Like 1