Cwm Bach - A South Wales Branch Line

81A Oldoak

14 hours ago, Barnaby said:

Wow that's great news Chris a new layout "Cwm Fawr" is going to be built while Cmw Bach has left to pastures new. 

Will it be a posting under its name or will it follow on in here, please leave a link if it is to start anew?

Looking forward to joining in the build digitally.

Best

12 hours ago, railwayrod said:

Hello Chris.

Your layout has been an inspiration for many modellers and I for one have enjoyed reading all the posts and comments that have appeared in this thread. I, and I am sure many others,  will miss the evocative images that you have built into Cwm Bach and the standard of modelling has been first class. Like Barnaby above I too am looking forward to seeing how your new layout develops and hopefully Cwm Fawr will be even better. Please let us know when you start the new thread as I would hate to miss the start of your new project. 

Thank you for your inspirational work - long may it continue.

Rod

Gents,

Thank you for your kind remarks. I am fiddling around with track and ideas at the moment. When my thoughts start to crystallise I will open a new thread. The theme will be broadly similar as I love the South Wales scene and a I have lot of industrial locomotives that need a home. However, I want it to look different as well so much cogitation is going on. 

kind regards,

Chris

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 2

I for one will be looking forward to the new thread Chris.

There are some nice inspirational Layouts in 4mm in the Layouts section, a few done by Rob from South Wales all with Sheep related names like Bleat Wharf, and Sheep Dip etc that are all in one thread and portray run down rural industrial backwaters in South Wales, and Al, has done Ladmanlow Sidings loosely based on the area around Bakewell in the Peak District.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

I for one will be looking forward to the new thread Chris.

There are some nice inspirational Layouts in 4mm in the Layouts section, a few done by Rob from South Wales all with Sheep related names like Bleat Wharf, and Sheep Dip etc that are all in one thread and portray run down rural industrial backwaters in South Wales, and Al, has done Ladmanlow Sidings loosely based on the area around Bakewell in the Peak District.

Thanks Andy. When will you be heading down here? 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, 81A Oldoak said:

I want it to look different as well. 

How about a model of Cwm Bach then? This is it in fog late last year (train just swinging off the river bridge). A bit of Welsh mist would be a good visual effect in 7mm?!

With Dock Green also now gone, my two first ports of call wont be around but I will tune in to the new venture.

Cwm_Bach.jpg.60c5f8f749713280fff32a7e142121a1.jpg

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 81A Oldoak said:

Thanks Andy. When will you be heading down here? 

Thanks Chris, I'm ear boy, moved down on 15th May, but only got the internettiee thingy last Thursday, 18th, so I've been in the wilderness for a Month.

I'm looking forward to next year now when we should be able to have some shows up and running once again.

All the best with the new project.:good: