Marine Park

ianblenk

• RMweb Premium

By sheer chance, I was in the UK and in the North when the recent Locomotion exhibition was on, so it would have been rude not to....I was delighted to find Marine Park on show, as it one of my all time favourite layouts on RMWeb, despite it's small size.  This is due to it portraying what is a combination of scenes from my home town, the bridge I used to walk under every day as an example!  This tiny layout is crammed full of the most fantastic modelling, it really is a credit to Ian, it exhudes the atmosphere of the region so well.  Thanks to the layouts current owner I was able to get up close for some photos and have a play too, so thanks to Les are due also!

The first photo has two little additions that won't mean anything to folk that don't know South Shields, the red 'Groyne' lighthouse just peeking from behind the pub (the pub isn't really there!) and the hint of the long (1 mile) breakwater with its attendant lighthouse in the distance.  Just magic.  Ian you're a magician!  I hope you manage to get on with the new layout, I wait with bated breath for more scenes of my once home town.

post-10195-0-46231400-1509298499_thumb.jpg

post-10195-0-73956700-1509298571_thumb.jpg

post-10195-0-64916700-1509298606_thumb.jpg

post-10195-0-12994600-1509298626_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Hi Neil,

Thanks for posting the photos, I'm glad the model is being looked after. I hope you will enjoy Tynebank as much. I am posting progress photos as and when, however, I am having to make slight adjustments to my modelling methods to meet my current situation. You should pop in when you are next over here.

Ian B

• RMweb Premium

Hi Neil,

Thanks for posting the photos, I'm glad the model is being looked after. I hope you will enjoy Tynebank as much. I am posting progress photos as and when, however, I am having to make slight adjustments to my modelling methods to meet my current situation. You should pop in when you are next over here.

Ian B

PM!

• 9 months later...

Hi,

Thanks for the comment. I sold the layout about 2 years ago now, the track plan consisted of 3 short small radius turnouts, I believe it was similar to the lower level of Tynebank, the track plan is on the site under that title.

Thanks

Ian B

• 3 years later...

Just a quick post to say how sorry I was to hear of the sudden passing of Les Paul, who had owned and shown Marine Park over the past 5 years. A true gent and a very genuine guy. He will be missed by many. My condolences to his family and many friends

Ian B

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Ian Blenk said:

Just a quick post to say how sorry I was to hear of the sudden passing of Les Paul, who had owned and shown Marine Park over the past 5 years. A true gent and a very genuine guy. He will be missed by many. My condolences to his family and many friends

Ian B

That is indeed a shock, Ian.  Condolences to his family.  Crikey, where did those 4 years go?